The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $1.19 Grill mesh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 39 of 39
    yo chromegalant, just wanted to know wut u used to keep the gutter mesh onto the bumper?(screws, zip chord, etc....?)thanks
    "....BIG got hit in the passenger seat, 'Pac got hit in the passenger seat, now i'm ridin' 'round in the passenger seat..." 50 Cent

took out the front grill pieces and bent/pushed/made the grill mesh fit.. I didnt use anything to permanently affix the mesh (its ghetto rigged).. just wanted to put it in there and see how it looked.. It's actually in there pretty good.. I hooked some of the mesh on a metal piece towards the top of the air dam...
    There is a metal piece towards the top of the air dam on the inside.. it hooked it there on the top.. the bottom is like a PERFECT fit....(so the mesh is braced in there.. hasnt moved yet..)[/quote]
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

EsRacer
    Looks real nice man! It'll look even sikker if you somehow could do the front up somehow with the little grill spots on the sides of the Mitsu emblem on the front.

Tiller
    looks pretty good man... now get to work on those slats...

Aztec
    Quote Originally Posted by ChromeGalant
    took out the front grill pieces and bent/pushed/made the grill mesh fit.. I didnt use anything to permanently affix the mesh (its ghetto rigged).. just wanted to put it in there and see how it looked.. It's actually in there pretty good.. I hooked some of the mesh on a metal piece towards the top of the air dam...
    There is a metal piece towards the top of the air dam on the inside.. it hooked it there on the top.. the bottom is like a PERFECT fit....(so the mesh is braced in there.. hasnt moved yet..)
    [/quote]

any pics?

nice, c - I'mah have to do that, see ya ass at NOPI
    Semper Fi'

mistuman
    okay i have a 99 and i want to put it underneath where the licence plate goes but there isnt a direct way to get it in there do i have to bend it or is there a way?

Turboutlaw....
    how did you get the mesh behind the lower part of the bumper, and how did you adhere it
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Turboutlaw
    mostly all that I did was take off the grill, and like the two bolts right there for the bumper. You may not even have to take those off...from there all I really did was push the guttermesh down the crack in between the bumper and the rest of the car, like right where the grill goes. It was just a bunch of pushing and turning. There is nothing like adhesive or screws holding it in. It fits so snug that it just stays in the right place. Just give it a try and you will be able to do it.

thanks turbo...this will be another thing I gotta get down when it gets nice out...again

2001 Galant ES

Echo

NIIIIIICE!!!!

Dude, that's sweet.

That's exactly what I wanted to do to mine. Tnaks for letting me see that before I dropped a bunch of change on a body kit!

I think the neone behind it would look good. I'm thinking of doing that too and I'd definitely replace the plastic grill shits.

Thanks!

Gonna try it this week!

here's shot of front with neon...and no mesh...when it gets warm I'll do mesh and take pics

2001 Galant ES

Nice pic..

I think I'll take that one and say its mine....

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nice pic..

I think I'll take that one and say its mine.... Â*</div>

haha that's a good 1
    lol

2001 Galant ES

ewgiii
    Thanks for the idea :!: :!: I just did mine today and it made a huge difference. Has anyone put the mesh behind or replacing the top two grill slots on a 2002 yet!? I also saw a crome grill on one of the Galants here. Who has is and where'd you get it from?

BlaqueOut
    I was about to do the mesh on the top grills today, but the only hardware store in this small damn isolotaed town of Ames, Iowa ran out. Tell me though, do you think I should put it on the inside of the grill....cut the verticals and put it in....or put it on the outside of the grills?

Hmm..sure is nice to have more 2002 8g owners here..
    I would say try to go outside the grill and just see how it looks.. I dont think it would be very noticable behind the grill, or cut the verticals....

Keep us posted..

BlaqueOut
    No doubt. I will try to go to another hardware store maybe the next town over and get another peice to do the top grills with. Itll probably be done later on this week.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hmm..sure is nice to have more 2002 8g owners here.. Â*
    I would say try to go outside the grill and just see how it looks.. I dont think it would be very noticable behind the grill, or cut the verticals....

Keep us posted..</div>

On the two grill pieces I'm thinking about cutting those vertical bars out. Going to order one to see if it'll work, I think a dremmel would do the job pretty good. Once those bars are out then the mesh would look nice.
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12