The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: $1.19 Grill mesh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 39

$1.19 Grill mesh

Well.. I went into home depo and bought some gutter mesh...<span style='color:red'>$1.19</span>
    Trimmed it.. took out the front grill pieces and <span style='color:blue'>bent/pushed/made </span>the grill mesh fit.. I didnt use anything to permanently affix the mesh (its ghetto rigged).. just wanted to put it in there and see how it looked.. It's actually in there pretty good.. I hooked some of the mesh on a metal piece towards the top of the air dam...

What do you think? I may paint it..hell I dont know..

Took about 15 minutes.. and scratched up my hands a bit....
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

OMEGA RED
    i think its tight

Looks good.......I might try and do mine but the 2000's have those funny pieces at the bottom.......

Hey Chrome that looks tight! Are yuo going to put any mesh on the 2 grill pieces on top? I was thinking about cutting out the vertical pieces and replacing with the mesh, what do yuo think? Are yuo going to leave it that color or paint it? Good job anyway, now I know it'll look good on mine.

P.S. I also like how your engine bay looks. :approve: :approve:
    Chapin y Boriqua que mezcla

OMEGA RED
    how long did it take you to do that chrome?

OMEGA RED
    im thinking of doing mine like that also.......wonder how it would look in the two grill pieces...

Censee
    man that looks tight,only 1.19$. looks good

Senior TGC Member
    Meet ED 209, the future of law enforcement. Designed by ChromeGalant, the same conglomerate that brought you the Lugenfelter tuned Gulent V4...and Robocop. I like it...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

looks good, u might want to put on some kind of protective finish so it won't get dull or rust...

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

galantblue
    LOL...Looks good and the price is right!

Aztec
    looks great !
    i wanted someone to do something on photoshop to see how it would look.
    But never mind,
    it looks good, i'm gonna do the same to my 02 but what does everyone think, Would it look better? painted or just leave it alone with a metal finish.

looks good...I wanna do mine up
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Senior TGC Member
    Honest to God though it looks like ED 209..."Please stop revving your VTEC at me...you have 20 seconds to comply..."
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Thanks for all the compliments..

Yes..I'm probably gonna put something on it to prevent it from rusting.. (but DOES gutter mesh rust? Better safe than sorry..

It took about 15 minutes... just trimmed the length down with some wire cutters and it was the perfect height..

Color.. I MAY color it.. dunno.. but at the price.. I could get different color evey day.. I also think neon would be tight behind it?

As for the two grill inserts... I was thinking about it.. maybe this weekend I will experiment with it..
    2005 TGC Fantasy Football Champ III
    http://www.Gencoupe.com/garage/3337

TGC Regular
    Yeah man thats tight as hell!!! Especailly for the price to effect ratio.. , I think i might try that this weekend too, i've been thinking about it for a while anyway, but since i have a 99 I a little worried about that bar in the middle of our bumpers. But as for the finish, i think it gives a good contrast to your paint and matches your wheels perfectly. But if you do decide to paint it, what color are you thinking about? Also if your going to put some element protection on it, I suggest using some clear enamel or the clear high temp paint (even though i know it's not goin to get hot...it's just better suited for outside conditions) But the funny thing is that the actual mesh is cheaper than the paint....lol

Supernova
    Looks tight. :thumbsup:

MrDomu
    NICE!

2002GALANTes
    looks tight man, $1.19 love that part of it.

Turboutlaw
    I have mesh on the bottom and behind the grill on my 2000...

I did the same mod on my '99 a long time ago and used the same mesh from Home Depot. After one winter the mesh turned gray and dull, so you better cover it with some clear coat or paint it.

Here is a pic:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast