The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 60,000 mile service

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
    chadowski

60,000 mile service

I'm slightly overdue for my 60,000 mile service and I was wondering what I should expect when I go to get it done. This is my first vehicle so I don't know too much about this kind of stuff. How much should I expect to pay? Should I bring my car to a mistubishi dealer or just to a regular auto shop? Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by chadowski View Post
    I'm slightly overdue for my 60,000 mile service and I was wondering what I should expect when I go to get it done. This is my first vehicle so I don't know too much about this kind of stuff. How much should I expect to pay? Should I bring my car to a mistubishi dealer or just to a regular auto shop? Thanks in advance.
    Take it to a GOOD dealer, and on a V6 expect to pay up to $1300 with the waterpump. Just call them and ask their current pricing.

I work for mitsu for 6 years
    60k consist of Oil change, trans, coolant, air filter, rotate and balance 4 tires. Inspect tires,spark plugs, brakes, suspension, and cabin filter
    Replace timing belt and drive belts. We never replace water pump unless its leaking. Parts and labor will be added onto it.
    We recommend peforming air induction service (cleaning the throttle plate, intake, combustion chamber) basically seafoam, fuel injection service, and brake fluid flush.

chadowski
    Okay, cool. Thanks for the information. :)

Isn't our coolant only required to be changed at 90K? And unless I remember right, the Timing belt needs to be changed only at 90K for moderate wear and every 60K after the first time. Isn't it also better to do the Water pump when you're replacing the Timing belt, since the labour wouldn't be that different?

As a rule of thumb, always do the water pump at the same time as your timing belt. Yeah, it costs a little more, but you're already there when you do the t-belt.
    -Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    Isn't our coolant only required to be changed at 90K? And unless I remember right, the Timing belt needs to be changed only at 90K for moderate wear and every 60K after the first time. Isn't it also better to do the Water pump when you're replacing the Timing belt, since the labour wouldn't be that different?
    The coolant might be fine (unexpensive to replace however), but I can guarantee on 99% of the cars it will at least slightly leak by the radiator hoses, so I would check and replace those anyway. The service interval is 60K for the V6. With that being said the timing belt on my 75 did look pretty good after fifty something K miles. But whenever you delay it, you are taking your chances. As far as the waterpump, yes, that's why most dealers will ask you if you want to get it done at the same time.
    Last edited by gtx; 04-04-2011 at 08:01 PM

I paid $1,050 for the 60k on mine. They do the full inspection service as an included service for everything. Then they flush out all your fluids (transmission, brakes, oil, etc), new spark plugs, tune up, timing belt, rotate/balance tires, align steering, check all your fuses for you, check your battery and put terminal cleaner stuff on them, and they swapped out my water pump also.

While you can go more than 60k with the timing belt, it's not recommended. And it's not recommended to have the other stuff done without the timing belt. Cuz once they give you a tune up and everything else its more likely to snap the timing belt afterward cuz the engine will be running better. Best to do it all at once.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    this =]

Quote Originally Posted by 4-G-rim View Post
    A dealer recommended 60 or 120k service is usually as follows:

-Oil change
    -Oil conditioner
    -Induction cleaning
    -Fuel injection service
    -PCV valve (if equipped)
    -Spark plugs
    -Spark wires (If equipped)
    -Timing belt
    -Drive belts
    -Water pump
    -Cooling system flush
    -P/S flush
    -Transmission flush
    -Brake inspection (turn rotors/drums and/or replace pads or shoes if needed)
    -Brake system flush

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!