The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: just need to clarify

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

just need to clarify

I've done a lot of research on this and can't seem to find a solid answer. Will a crank pulley for a 2g gst/gsx work for the 4g64? why are they advertised for "turbo only"? just curious. thanks!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-U...#ht_3399wt_940

From 1990 to late April 1992 came beefier connecting rods and the use of 6 bolts to secure the flywheel to the crankshaft; May 1992 to 2006 Evolution versions have lighter rods and use 7 bolts to secure the flywheel to the crankshaft. They are referred to as the "six bolt" and "seven bolt" engines, respectively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Sirius_engine

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    thats not the info he needs,

the crank pulley is the same for the 7g and the 95-99 turbo cars

even the 1g 7 bolts have a different pulley but the same style. evo is different entirely
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

am, that part are realy a update to the motor? more hp or something like that?

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    lighter, stronger etc. many people have had them seperate and cause a lot of damage. these wont do that.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

hoo, nice :D, i want one :P

-Mitsubishi Galant LS 1994 a/t [ SOLD ]

These are crap, and yes they dont split and they are light weight, but they dont do the main purpose the crank damper does - absorbing the harmonic vibrations created by the engine.

If you want to upgrade get fluidamper
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

parastatic drag.... Even though as advertised as a lighter pully sometimes isnt the best way to go. lighter pulley may rev faster but at high rpms is makes you wonder how well they do there job?
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

Why your engine needs a damper:
    Each time the air/fuel mixture inside a cylinder is ignited, the combustion that occurs creates a torque spike that is applied to the crankshaft through the piston and rod. This torque spike is so severe that it not only turns the crankshaft, it actually twists the crankshaft ahead of its normal rotation and then the crankshaft rebounds. This twisting action is known as torsional vibration. When these torque spikes and forces get into phase with the natural frequency, critical torsional harmonic vibrations occur and can be seriously destructive to the bearings and the crankshaft. Dampers are designed to control those destructive vibrations.
    2.4 dohc turbo, 10 psi,small 16g, evo 3 02 housing,98 flashable ecu,maft,3inch magnaflow exhaust,aem wideband,blitz turbo timer,egt gauge,balance shaft delete,a/c delete,battery in trunk,arp headstuds,fmic,mbc, (Wiseco 8:7:1 pistons coming soon.)

well i do drive my car on a regular basis, so i'm thinking it's probably not so smart to go with a crappy ebay pulley, especially on my newer motor. i wanna make this thing last as long as i can haha. Fact is, I want more power... and I would like to just run a light boost setup eventually, but i need to do TONS more research before I jump into something like that. So right now I'm just looking into every "little" thing I can do before something like a dohc swap or turbo