The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: turbo goru's i need some help

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

turbo goru's i need some help

i found a turbo in the junkyard yesterday that was on an 2G. but it has mods done to it. i need to know what it it and whats been done.

i have my big 16G in for refrence and comparison. the polished one is the 16G and the dirty one is the junkyard pull.

junk yard turbo

big 16g

jy

bg 16g

jy turbo

big 16g

junkyard turbo

also the manifolds are diffrent. the big 16g has a much bigger hole leading into the manifold with this metal ring. the metal ring doesn't fit in the other manifold, it's to big for it. big 16G mani on bottom

big 16g mani on top

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

its a small 16g in a tdo6 20g t3 housing. It has a welded Wg, IDK where the WG was, cuz its not on the manifold. Maybe thats why it went to the j/y - the engine went boom. It also has DSM to T3 adapter. Good luck taking that apart.

The manifolds look abot the same, maybe one of them was lightly ported
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    its a small 16g in a tdo6 20g t3 housing. It has a welded Wg, IDK where the WG was, cuz its not on the manifold. Maybe thats why it went to the j/y - the engine went boom. It also has DSM to T3 adapter. Good luck taking that apart.

The manifolds look abot the same, maybe one of them was lightly ported
    the manifold i had with my big 16g is bone stock, and its noticibly bigger on the inlet.

so how could you run that turbo with the wastegate welded?

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

your big 16g mani is also cracking. It looks like it might be an evo3 manifold?

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post

so how could you run that turbo with the wastegate welded?

Oh you could, just the engine will take everything the turbo makes. I bet that was loud as hell

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    It looks like it might be an evo3 manifold?

X2
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by qnz View Post
    your big 16g mani is also cracking. It looks like it might be an evo3 manifold?
    ya, i had seen it but it came with the turbo so....... as long as it doesn't leak through its fine right? or will it break

you will get a nasty exhaust leak, then break