The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: speakers?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 29 of 29
    Huge wtf time so in my trunk I see two speakers that go behind the seats but there aren't any grills or whatever where they are supposed to be...they are just covered.....and they dont even work and Idk why.... and tutorials on how to remove the back seat?

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NewGalantKid View Post
    Huge wtf time so in my trunk I see two speakers that go behind the seats but there aren't any grills or whatever where they are supposed to be...they are just covered.....and they dont even work and Idk why.... and tutorials on how to remove the back seat?
    Easy! Pop off the bottom portion of the back seat and remove. Unbolt the upper portion and move. Remove the rear deck covering the speakers. Then remove speakers. Reverse process to put it all back together.

Sent from my DROIDX

Where are the bolts? Lol and the bottom portion is the part where you actually sit. Lol

Where are the bolts? Lol and the bottom portion is the part where you actually sit. Lol
    After you remove the portion you sit on, the bolts will be at the bottom of the back portion of the seat

Sent from my DROIDX

And just to make sure the part I sit on I can just yank really hard and it should come off?

And just to make sure the part I sit on I can just yank really hard and it should come off?
    Once on the driver side. Once on the passenger side. That should release the clips

Sent from my DROIDX

Ok I just yanked half of it off but the clip that was holding it firmly in place doesn't hold firmly anymore it just slides in and out loosely

Quote Originally Posted by conjee View Post
    front speakers:
    Remove front door panel screws. Pry open door panel, they are held with tabs. Disconnect door switch plug from door panel. Remove speaker plug, remove speaker screw and speaker. Mount new speaker and splice wires. Reverse everything to install.

Rear speakers:
    Remove rear seat, there are two tabs under the seat that you can pull on, one on each end. Remove the back by removing the 4 screws on the bottom (they will be exposed when you remove the bottom seat). Pull the back up then set the back aside. Afterwards, remove the child safety restraint covers on the rear shelf and unscrew the bolt. Pry open the plastic a pillar? And then you can remove the rear shelf. Unplug speaker wire and screws, remove speaker. Install new speaker and splice wires. Then reverse everything.

Hope this helps, my explanation isn't the best.

thank you!!!!

^^^LoL!

I did a crap load of scrolling down on page 1 and then 2 just for that. (On my phone BTW)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12