The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A supersupercharger on Galant 9

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 81 to 100 of 116
    In aluminium housing cannot be set bearings. So first you sharpen holes on the larger diameter and pressed steel hub. Then installed the bearings.
    Turbo - it is a snail, but the bitch is very fast.

Wanted to check, how are the gears and shafts. A very tight fit. Now we need to gather all.

Today took the cover for a large snail. It is planning to start the installation of the compressor. So, almost everything is ready, left the nozzle under the oil, but it can be much later do, now you can simple plugs do. As I wrote, according to the plan, compressors differ only snails and lids. That is, if you take another a snail and the cover, she had no connection problems with the gearbox and it turns out the compressor with other characteristics. So it looks like

2nd4G69
    Wow !!!! I browsed through your thread , and props go to you. Keep it up man , I'll be awaiting your next update.

Yesterday gathered compressor. I want to tell about it more in detail. First laid out all the parts on the table. All part of the pre-assembly is processed by primer.

the first stage - compilation of the shafts and gears. The gears are installed on the shaft.

In the body are made recessing for sealant. Lay the sealant and connect the housing and cover. Gears engage with each other. You can tighten the screws of the housing.

The next step is to assign shafts. Threaded connections are processed by locking the thread.

Now turn behind cover connecting gear housing with cochlea. She at the same time is a lid covering the low-speed shaft and the holder of the gland high-speed shaft. On the reverse side of the housing for sealant made channels. Apply sealant Install the cover and pull it. For proper alignment, the sleeve in which впрессованы bearings protrudes from the housing to 3 mm, therefore, when all was delayed, cover the guaranteed installed in the center. Now you can install the caul above the high-speed shaft And remove the sealant. Now cover and gearbox are one.

Now you can install the fan. She dresses onto the shaft a little heated in hot water. This allows you to wear it freely. During cooling she squeezes the shaft. And tighten shaft nut. Of course thread with a lock is going to. As the front cover is not set yet, shaft convenient to delay the two sides, safe fixing both nuts. As planned, the gap between the housing and the impeller is 0.5 mm as according to the drawing. It says about the correctness of the assembly

After the impeller is installed, you can collect the front side of the gear. It remained cover the high-speed shaft And the caul of slow speed shaft

Now you can install a snail. Check the correctness of the gaps. All clear, as have the best samples, the gap between the snail and the impeller 0.5 mm Put the pulley. For his torque on the shaft removed two bevel under the key to 19 mm. This allows to significantly tighten the belt pulley

Guys, now I have a compressor. Now I want to ride it on the stand for the rubbing surfaces. The installation in the car I will start in a month or two. Now in Russia the winter. Honestly, we have very cold. Today -35 C. On this day all...
    Last edited by stayer; 02-12-2012 at 07:16 AM

Damn! That's great work Stas! Can't wait to see it completed!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Only just found this thread. Really interesting and fantastic work you are doing. Thanks for sharing all your effort

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Damn! That's great work Stas! Can't wait to see it completed!
    Thanks Greg! We have really very cold. We must wait for the heat

Yesterday started to do brackets for mounting the supercharger. I decided to abandon the long-intermediate shaft. The compressor is placed next to the drive belt. Brackets as temporary. We have to understand the kinematics and mounting. So they look as ugly. Sometimes you have to do 3 - 4 times, and different designs. The second bracket also did, but I got the phone and I have not made the photos. From here there are 2 problems. To do challenged by 90 degrees. And yet the incoming air is next to the hot collector. I think to find the right solution.

sweet, nice job

Graduated from the work with the bracket. First performed the second bracket Further, both the bracket, you can associate a jumper. Went to three perpendicular to the plane. This provides high strength at small thickness of the metal.

Next, it's simple. Seams and surfaces. Painting powder paint and polymerization in the heat chamber. Bracket was nice to look like. In the next few days I'll buy the belt of the increased length and install the blower. Today is all.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast