The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: mivec heads

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

mivec heads

i have a 7g with a 6a12 2.0l v6 24v engine and was wondering if i would be able 2 fit the heads off a fto 6a12 mivec engine (the one with the variable valve timing) straight onto my block??

You have Е54? You will not be able to install. Engines mirror. Here 's your engine It is the engine of МIVEC This arrangement 8G ЕА4А It is necessary replacement of ECU.

bs there are two heads..... flip um

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

Heres the 6a12 mivec from early FTOs and some 7g Galants. The engine you have in the small picture is from late years FTO. The swap is doable but most likely youre gonna need ECU and engine harness. If you just swap the MIVEC heads, youll lose performance since the higher lift wont engage.

Either way, the engine you have already is pretty powerful. Turboing it would be a better option. Just be careful with the transmission. A buddy of mine broke the spider gears in two transmissions, and he cant find a third one.
    Last edited by mko; 04-05-2011 at 11:01 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    or just pull the whole motor and throw a 6a12tt or 4g63t
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

That engine bay really looks sexy

cheers for your help guys, and yeah i know abou the transmission, i have had my gearbox fully rebuilt! my engine is pretty powerfully as it is so will most likly keep it as it is! but thanks anyways guys