The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A Little Update GS

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

A Little Update GS

i just installed my 2g eclipse stainless steel master to slave and got rid of the accumulator.I also installed a k&n intake and maf adapter.Here are some pictures.

here is a video of my intake.

Last edited by galantlvr34; 04-05-2011 at 10:57 PM

Cmon, rev that thing..... 4-5k, It sounds good tho, but it could do better
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    Cmon, rev that thing..... 4-5k, It sounds good tho, but it could do better
    lol yeah i didnt rev it that high because of my neighbors.Just putting the filter on made a huge difference in performance.

here is another video for you mko.

Not bad at all.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Quote Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
    Not bad at all.
    yeah it makes a pretty big difference a lot more power on acceleration especially compared to the stock air box.

here a video of me cruising in my gs.the quality isnt the greatest between driving and from it being recorded on my cellphone.

you probably want to log your car when you have the time to do so
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Hopefully you got rid of the restrictor in your slave cylinder when you installed that line. Have you upgraded your shiftter base bushings yet? I recommend the steel ones.
    Also have you replaced your under-hood shift cable bushings with skateboard wheel bearings yet?
    Those few things are great cheap mods that make your car a joy to drive. Not to mention fewer missed shifts since you are getting a consistent and controlled throw ever single shift.
    Also at the least install some energy suspension motor mount inserts. Those are only about 14 bucks last time I looked, and they greatly reduce motor slop without any noticable increase in vibration. Less slop = cleaner, quicker, consistant shifts.

All of them are easy to install.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    stunr, he has prothane motor mounts, and did eliminate the accumulator but not the restrictor. the new bushings will come im sure. hes getting there
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by DOHCstunr View Post
    Hopefully you got rid of the restrictor in your slave cylinder when you installed that line. Have you upgraded your shiftter base bushings yet? I recommend the steel ones.
    Also have you replaced your under-hood shift cable bushings with skateboard wheel bearings yet?
    Those few things are great cheap mods that make your car a joy to drive. Not to mention fewer missed shifts since you are getting a consistent and controlled throw ever single shift.
    Also at the least install some energy suspension motor mount inserts. Those are only about 14 bucks last time I looked, and they greatly reduce motor slop without any noticable increase in vibration. Less slop = cleaner, quicker, consistant shifts.

All of them are easy to install.
    no i didnt remove the slave restrictor.where exactly do the skateboard wheel bearings go?where can i get the steel shifter base bushings?and i have red prothane motor mounts.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    the skate board bearings go where the the shifter cables connect to the levers. i dont have steel shifter base bushing but i have the enerygy suspension ones and they are good as well
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

...and replace the exhaust manifold, the cat, and muffler. You need to get air in and out as efficient as possible and to maximize the 4G64 DOHC.

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

...and replace the exhaust manifold, the cat, and muffler. You need to get air in and out as efficient as possible and to maximize the 4G64 DOHC.
    What exhaust mainifold can i use with the stock exhaust?

How's the car?

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

How's the car?
    It is good man,i got an exedy stage one clutch in it now,11.5 lb flywheel,new fork,oem tob.I just got the exhaust fixed too.I got a new flex pipe welded on it since the other one fell apart when the cat broke off.