The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ac not working

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Ac not working

I got in a car accident a year ago and it destroyed my drier and some lines i replaced those got the system vacumed and sealed and some gas in it today. When i turn the ac on nothing happens just the blower turns on but compressor still off and fans also so the guy that did the work looked at the ac cables coming out of the compresor he found cables disconected like they go nowhere. He applied cjrrent to the cable and compresor worked but fans stayed off wich made the valve release the gas. So all this takes me to the following.. Is there a wiring driagram of the ac system??? I found a looot of cables around the engine bay disconected just laying there broken ill upload pics in a few.

what am trying to do is get all like its supposed to be i want my compressor and fans to turn on when i turn ac on. they are not working like that atm. fans turn on and off depending on temp regardless of the ac being on and ac stays off obviously my mechanic did something when he installed that fan, did timing and removed balance shaft. if you guys could take a picture of your drier and compresor wiring it would be very helpful. btw the guy that got the ac gas said something about a sensor or something on the drier wich my car doesnt have.

cable coming out of compressor

same cable

cables in front of battery 2 cables go to 1 of the fans the left one other 2 are disconeced (this fan was replaced by my mechanic and he made those conections)

cable behind fuel rail also just there disconected

next to the alternator
    Last edited by Joker96; 04-06-2011 at 03:00 PM

whats the piece that goes on top of the drier? i need the name i am missing that

Is it the trinary switch??

That sucks I hate it when a wrench turner makes something worse than when he started.
    I can get you pictures Saturday. I think you may have more issues than wiring, the gas shouldn't be releasing whether fan is on or off.

Yeah man its not the first time this happens. My horn stopped working once i took tge car to a mechanic he got in the fuse box and started cuttibg ground cables saying they where of no use.... Horn never made a sound again

can someone take a picture of this plug from the inside??? i just bought the switch but my car wiring doesnt have the plug so i basically have to build one. i need to know how the 2 wires conect to the 4 pins on the trinary switch.