The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dropping engine in

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 55 of 55
    if you mean the strainer on the pump yes its brand new... i didnt think there was an inline filter on the car
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

if you mean the little screen on the pump yes i replaced that. is there an inline filter somewhere because i didnt think so...

looking through the FSM now
    Last edited by dGALANTc; 04-22-2011 at 09:15 PM Reason: oops double post
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

do ne of u no were i can get an exhaust for my v6?

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Post up about your exhaust in the proper place.

The 8g doesnt have an inline filter, its just the sock filter that goes on the pump. When you replaced the pump, did you replace it with a stock pump or aftermarket?
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

it was a bosch oem replacement so aftermarket i guess.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

try taking a voltmeter and see if your even getting any power going to the pump.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

ill have to do that tomorrow. i cant remember if i checked that or not and if i did i have no idea what the results were... keep the ideas coming it may help me remember/think of something.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

man i still cant figure this out.. i helped a buddy move today so i didnt have a lot of time to do much but i did start it... but on starting fluid.

I sprayed it into the tb and it ran rough for about 3 seconds so its def a fuel problem.. the thing is where? just an update as i still havent checked for kinks.... anybody have a wiring diagram for the fuel system i dont see it in the fsm?

another quick question would the ecu pick up the trouble codes if there is any? the car has only run for 3 seconds so i wasnt sure.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

you can always check for codes but i dunno if your really gonna find any. but anythings worth a shot right?
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at aprx 1:00 am i got her running!!!!!!!!!!!

ok now for the story. I noticed that i had full power at both relays so now i know that its either the relays or something else right.
    ok well i made sure the relays in were good they checked out so im good there.
    went to the connector and took a voltage and there was only 4.something volts wtf!

well now i do a continuity test from the ground/nuetral pin on the connector and get a beep ok thats a good ground right.

ok so for the hell of it i do the same test on the positive pin to the nuetral and get a beep WTF!!!
    so there is the problem my positive terminal was grounded somewhere. now lets trace the wire....

sure enough there was a hole in the jacket of the wire laying right on top of a metal ground... luckily it wasnt too far into the harness it was right under the carpet in front of the back seat so i tape everything up REALLY good reconnect everything and turn the key....

vroooom vroooom BITCH!!! lmao

now she runs like she should with the usual valve tick of course but im so stoked i figured this out finally during pitch black hours with flashlights and LOTS of beer.

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

woooohh gz man bout time shes been down for a while now.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf

awsome

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    nice. glad you got it running
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

+rep to a few of you too thanks for the help!!

had an exhaust leak which is now fixed and a coolant leak which is now fixed. it seems like everything is going good now!
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Next is 5spd... thread coming soon lol
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123