The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A/C Issue

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

A/C Issue

Ok, my wife calls me the other day to tell me that the car is making a funny sound. I have her go through the normal steps: turn the car off and back on, turn the radio off, check the fluids. then she tells me that it is only doing this when the a/c is on high and the coldest setting. the car only has 34K on it, should the compressor be going out by now? if so, will the dealer take care of this, or should I just fix it when I get home?

"If Wal-Mart is lowering prices everyday, how come nothing is free yet"

what is it doing?

My air conditioner clicks really loudly when it's on the coldest setting. Always has, only 25k miles on it now.

We just run it pointing straight left (instead of down left, the coldest) and there's no problem. Runs plenty cold.

what kinda sound is a funny sound? is it a clicking sound? is it a screeching sound? where is it coming from, is it coming from the engine bay, is it coming from under the dash?

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

it is a loud noise, kind of like a clicking noise. I only heard it over the phone, it was that loud inside the car. it is coming from under the hood. I had her try the heater on high heat and speed, to check the possibility of the blower motor and only on the highest cold setting will it make this noise.

its the heater shut off valve.

get it replaced.

I will have her take it to the dealer and let them look at it. is this something that I can do, or will it be better to take it to the dealer for?

Old post, but oh well... Mine did the same thing until someone stole my stereo. Now the sound is gone and everything works like normal. Just have someone steal your stereo and bam! fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by little blue View Post
    I will have her take it to the dealer and let them look at it. is this something that I can do, or will it be better to take it to the dealer for?

i seen it happen on a 94 chevy 1500 , it was an electric motor that operated the max vent door, it like it was stripping the teeth on gear or jumping teeth
    clickity clack & boom in the back , 99 Glant

i live in iceland.. my car has an A/C but i doubt ill ever get to use it;-P there for i will probly never have a prob with it :D
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Quote Originally Posted by little blue View Post
    then she tells me that it is only doing this when the a/c is on high and the coldest setting
    I hear exactly the same noise every time when I turn to the coldest setting. It's some clicking noise, like a worn-out fan on the computer, but much louder.

Quote Originally Posted by manybrews View Post
    its the heater shut off valve.

get it replaced.
    I guess so.