The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: dropping engine in

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 55
    You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Yeah leave it unplugged, if your old motor didnt have it, that means the ecu doesnt expect to see it either, no worries.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

thanks Stewi ill just wrap tape around it so it doesnt get gunk all in there then...
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

You could also just unscrew it and remove it. Its just in a threaded hole, it doesnt go inside the engine, it wont leak or anything if you remove it.
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

its not bothering me at all so ill just leave it for now.. thanks a million.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

ok so everything is in and hooked up but i have run into another problem.... Wont start!!!! turns over fine and given the cold weather i didnt check everything i should have but im not sure what the problem could be...

I didnt hear the fuel pump turning on though wonder if that could be it?... any advice or things i should check first before anything... Please help guys!
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

are the coil packs pluged in? did you put spark plugs in? first thing that popped into me mind

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

yes those are all good i did check that... i am going to hook the battery to the charger tonight just to see although it had a good charge... im still thinking fuel or a ground loose or something simple that i overlooked...

any other ideas?
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

What year is the engine out of that you put in the car and what year is your car? Do you know if either engine had an IFS (Ignition Failsafe Sensor)? When I put a motor in goldgalant's car, his old engine had the IFS sensor and the new one didnt, I didnt pick up on it until the motor wouldnt start then I noticed the extra connector that wasnt plugged into anything.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

mine is an 02 G and the motor is from an 02 stratus coupe... I dont think so but where is it located? there was that one wire but it was located in the back of the block so i figured it was a knock sensor. i know i saw a pic of someones sensor in the exact spot

i double checked all the wiring and that was the only one left, but im gonna check fuel and spark and all that in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    Ignition Failsafe Sensor. Located on the top of the intake manifold, has a connector on it that looks similar to the connector wire that goes to the TPS.
    ok quick search yields this quote ill have to check it out in the morning along with the usual suspects
    Last edited by dGALANTc; 04-20-2011 at 11:53 PM Reason: because i used the search feature :)
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

did you check to see if your getting fuel after you didnt hear the pump prime?.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

not yet reik had to do some other things so i had to let it be so that happens in the a.m.

oh and you have a pm
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

ok so after some testing im getting no fuel to the rail. i mean zero pressure...
    Like i said before i didnt hear the fuel pump so i disconnected the line to the rail turned the ignition to the on position and nothing came out.... i dont have a gauge so i didnt check that way... took a multimeter to the connector and it is getting power so im guessing its the pump...

also jumped the relay and i could here the click but no pump, and i mean i got down there next to it with my ear... the fuel gauge reads 1/4 so unless its broken i think there is fuel in the car. although i did rock the car and couldnt hear any sloshing around...

is my next step replacing the fuel pump?
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

I would put a few gallons of gas in it first just to be sure. Its probably the pump though, even without gas, you should hear it turn on.
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Thanks Stewi you are a big help but its got gas. i ended up taking the fuel pump out and ran it to 12v and nothing... i connected it twice and it clicked, the third time it ran for 2 seconds and then nothing at all ill replace it and see what happens.

as of now i see its faulty if it wont run every time so ill need a new one anyway.
    hopefully that solves the problem.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

so new fuel pump in, new battery, crank no start. im a little puzzled as i disconnected the rail again and she still is gettin no fuel!!

maybe the relay? i thought i checked it but maybe i checked the wrong one. the cover isnt very informative as to which is the pump.

also checked all the fuses Idk what could be the problem can a guru please help me diagnose this thing PLEASE!!!???
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

i noticed that even if u turn the key in the on positon u wont hear the pump,turn the key all the way an it will pump
    llke ur gona start the car

Well I went as far as cranking the motor with the fuel line disconnected from the rail and it did not spray...

Of course I couldn't hear the pump with the engine cranking.

Any other ideas guys I want this thing running!!!
    Last edited by dGALANTc; 04-22-2011 at 08:14 PM
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

what year is your car. if your standing on the driver side of the car facing across the engine bay, the MFI relay is one of the 3 toward the front of the car and toward the driver side. I wish I had a pick I could just show you. You didnt hit the fuel hardline or anything pinching it right?
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

my car is an 02 and i dont think I pinched a line but ill have to check that as well... i did find this
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    First fuel pump relay:

second fuel pump relay:
    If this is correct i swapped these relays with the ones next to it and still nothing. this thing has me so confused it makes no sense and my buddy is stumped too.
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

how about the fuel filter?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast