The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How to stay street legal with performance modification?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Quote Originally Posted by bdevx View Post
    if anyone knows how to turbo legally in CA hit me up, cus im still at a loss for figuring that one out
    You buy the smog tech, only way......

Unless you buy one of those 7 pound street legal kits that are way too much money.

just never move to CA. litterally you cant do anything without getting yourself in trouble. you cant even put a cone filter on without it being certified by the CA air resource board, and those cost to much and are to hard to find.

if anyone knows how to turbo legally in CA hit me up, cus im still at a loss for figuring that one out
    I'm so happy that 2 years ago I decided to move to New England, not California..

meh even new england is really strict kinda sucks back where i lived in fl you only needed the back plate and there was no inspection emissions or anything to drive your car no tint restriction either it was really nice.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

Florida is too hot to take the air conditioner off

yeah but my town is an asshole about it and sets up a smog check random check like once a week, and usually on a route i cant avoid, and they will impound it in a second. thats why i said legally lol!

@oak, what is this 7pound kit you speak of?

You consider going here....http://www.dynoflash.com/contact.htm

Also put in google big al evo

Tihoff88
    i have the same questions but in the chicagoland area, anybody know what i can and cannot do?

okay guys, i found stuff on CA legal modifications (sorry other states, but your all less strict) if you go here you can look up all sorts of parts and when ones have an EO# which makes them legal

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php

as far as like intakes go, there are like 2 short rams for the I4 and like 3 for the V6 legal on the galant. sadly no turbos or supers, or basically anything that gives you a decent amount of performance. your best bet in CA is to modify the crap out of the engine and then register it as a SCV so it wont resemble anything previously manufactured and they will register it as 1960. which means no smog, no worries.

Icon10

okay guys, i found stuff on CA legal modifications (sorry other states, but your all less strict) if you go here you can look up all sorts of parts and when ones have an EO# which makes them legal

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermk...es/amquery.php

as far as like intakes go, there are like 2 short rams for the I4 and like 3 for the V6 legal on the galant. sadly no turbos or supers, or basically anything that gives you a decent amount of performance. your best bet in CA is to modify the crap out of the engine and then register it as a SCV so it wont resemble anything previously manufactured and they will register it as 1960. which means no smog, no worries.
    Thank u 4 this.

Quote Originally Posted by Serbj View Post
    I'm ready to get some serious engine work going
    I would just like to go back to the initial post of this and input my 2ยข. You can't really do this kind serious engine work and remain smog legal. At least not at a level that is worth your while.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12