The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Brakes are squeeking!

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

Brakes are squeeking!

When i brake i hear a loud squeak it's gotten worse so yesterday I bought new brake pads (Duralast ceramics gold) for my front two brakes as last time i got my car serviced they were are (25%-50%) remaining

You think this will solve the problem?
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

Does the squeak noise happen as soon as you apply pressure to the brake pedal? or does it squeak when your slowing down, coming to a stop? Try and have someone ride with you, or have them outside of your car and see if they can determine whether or not the brake squeal is coming from the front of your vehicle, or the rear.

It happens when I am slowing down coming to a stop...
    TGC Texas Chapter

It should stop it but if your rotors are bad to then they need to be changed.As long as the rotors dont have any deep scratches in them,and are smooth then you should be able to just put pads on if that is what you want to do.It sounds like you are at the squealers so you might need to do the rotors.

Shit i hope not rotors cause i just went to autozone and bought only pads lol.
    TGC Texas Chapter

Could be rotors, but did you put the pad grease on the back side of the pads before you put them in? I forgot to do that once and it was not enjoyable haha.

it kinda sounds like its the rear brakes, but im not really sure.

Im having the same problem, but its on my 8g. When i come to a stop, that is when i hear the squeals. Basically as im slowing down and approaching a speed bump, by the time I actually almost stop and hit the speed bump is when I hear the brakes squeak.

check out your rear brakes, I hope we both get our problems solved soon its kinda annoying/embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua42007 View Post
    it kinda sounds like its the rear brakes, but im not really sure.

Im having the same problem, but its on my 8g. When i come to a stop, that is when i hear the squeals. Basically as im slowing down and approaching a speed bump, by the time I actually almost stop and hit the speed bump is when I hear the brakes squeak.

check out your rear brakes, I hope we both get our problems solved soon its kinda annoying/embarrassing
    Well when it happened to me, it was only when I first touched the brakes. It was like BIG TOE SQUEAKKKKK... Then it would go away after any further pressure. Check out the back ones and make sure they're not flatter than some A cup titties.

Yea its embarassing as fuck lol
    TGC Texas Chapter

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    meh, you should have heard when i had evo brembo calipers and hawk pads on the 9g. You can hear it like a mile away. damn

Hah it's a major swag attack.
    TGC Texas Chapter

Try pads by posi-quiet if they have em for your car. They have ceramics....never heard them squeek on my car unless it was a lot of moisture outside..and after the first time applying breaks never happen any more during the day. That's just my experience with them

I would at least get the rotors turned anyway. Even light grooves in the rotors will groove the pads and can squeak. You might get lucky though

Fixed iy changed two front brake pads and turned rotors
    TGC Texas Chapter