The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: fuel pump rewire mod--how does it work?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
    stan6199

fuel pump rewire mod--how does it work?

I think here is the picture that told us how to wire, but could someone explain to me how does it work, when we push the gas pedal?
    http://briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/[email protected]=bc%26.view=l

Experienced TGC Member
    USE THE SEEEEAAAAARRRCCCCHHHH!

Its amazingly been disgusted way to much for such a retardidly simple thing find the topic read all the posts in it, and if you still have a question post it in that topic..

Being new..I forgive you.
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    We just got over discussing this

See this thread...should expain it rather well

BTW, Welcome to TGC!
    7g for life!

stan6199
    most of the posts are regarding how to wire this relay, but I would like to know the electric part, how does this relay work when we start engine, when we push the gas pedal. Thanks.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VFaqs.com)</div><div class='quotemain'>This fixes the voltage drop problem to the fuel pump under WOT.
    </div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VFaqs.com)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is to fix the voltage drop caused by the puny little Factory 12V wire</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VFaqs.com)</div><div class='quotemain'>Rewiring the fuel pump with a larger gauge wire can help the stock pump (or any aftermarket pump) maintain higher fuel pressure/volume throughout its' entire operating range, as the stock wire is pretty small. The small wire limits the voltage to the pump, and under high boost, the lower voltage can severely affect fuel output. Some people have measured 10 volts or less at the pump under high boost with the stock wiring. Adding a larger wire and relay to feed the pump can restore the voltage to that of the battery (usually 13-14V), maximizing pump output</div>

7g for life!

Experienced TGC Member
    Seth your too nice you gotta force people to figure out how to use google and tgc search!! stop spoon feeding! :laughing:
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon