The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Want a new engine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 42
    GalantSpeed
    for new engines and trannys check these sites out....

www.flashoptions.com
    www.raceup.com

this is where i'm getting my new swap from, their prices are pretty damn cheap and are covered by a warranty. so far 3 of my friends have gottent their swaps from there and no problems what so ever.

You are here entirely tooo much!! seth98esT's Avatar
    uhhhh raceup = Honda
    7g for life!

BEAST
    They've got some 4g63ts. It just doesn't give the prices on them

BEAST
    I didn't see any trannies though

GalantSpeed
    email them for the tranny prices. you can get them really cheap. like around 3 or 400. my friends bought the package e&t for like 1500 shipped.

BEAST
    Damn thats really good. How was the condition of the tranny and engine? Were they in godd shape? I assume that it is JUST the tranny and none of the linkage or any of that stuff needed for an auto to manual swap.

GalantSpeed
    you can get what ever you need, my boys came in about perfect condition, it was clean as hell and looked like it was brand new. email them with whatever it is you need, 95% of the time they'll have what you need.

IllestGalant
    just so you have this info, if you are interested in swapping a motor, is that just for performance reasons. I know so many people steer away from using the stock 4G64 sohc block, but it has a ton of potential. Bore over to 2.5L, enlarged valve, cam, port and polish the intake and head, even a knife-edged crank. slightly raise the compression and full intake and exhaust, computer chip, injectors, throttlebody. Now if that isn't performance I don't know what is? Naturally aspirated for me That is just my opinion so I don't need all the negative feedback. I am just saying that don't be afraid to use this motor, it is very strong and for a price it will do whatever you want it to. There is a 2.2L chrysler motor some punk kid drives in my town, but I have to give him props... he dynoed 325 horsepower with no nos, no turbo, no supercharger.

"There is a 2.2L chrysler motor some punk kid drives in my town, but I have to give him props... he dynoed 325 horsepower with no nos, no turbo, no supercharger."

That's impressive, he's not running 9.5 :1 that's for sure, I wonder what c/r he's runing. Also what gas?
    Why I got half a mind to...ahhh...never mind I just got half a mind.

IllestGalant
    he runs on pump gas but i think he adds that octane boost stuff. he has all these bottles in his trunk. I know the motor cost him a fortune but it is damn fast. Punkass

I got my engine for 900 bucks! It had 65k milkes on it real clean! It runs great now move like it used to. I am trying to keep the mileage down so I can get that damn supercharger! Anyway I got from MS recycling. Look em up on line

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

BEAST
    I think that the main people look more into the swap instead of the building process is because it is like a one time deal. You just take it in and swap them out then you get your car back. With the whole building process you gotta rip out you motor for how ever long it takes which could be quite a while and then be out of a car. Unless you buy another engine. But then you will be spending a lot more money than if you just did the swap initially. But I agree with Illest, if you can build up the 4g64 I would say go for it. He is absolutly right about the great potential.

redinak
    Raceup has:

1990-1993 MITSUBISHI ECLIPSE 2.0L DOHC,4G63T,CYCLONE, COMPLETE ENGINE WITH TURBO,ALTERNATOR,A/C COMPRESSOR,PWR STEERING PUMP, ECU, WIRE HARNESS AND AWD AUTO TRANSMISSION , THIS ENGINE WILL ALSO WORK IN THE 1994 AND UP WITH CUSTOM MOUNTS.

For $1600

BEAST
    Sound good except for the awd tranny part

yeah get that, and swap it out for a FWD tranny, however u'll need a 2g tranny to drop in no proble, i think the 1g tranny has to be a little modded via the mounts to fit

generally what would be faster, a turbo 64 or a 63 turbo???
    uhhhh...... Whats a 9g???

both have great potential, but u can easily get to 600hp with a 63t, but i'll have to work harder to get there with a 64T, IMO I prefer the 64T because its a better block, just lower ur compression and u'll be up in the 300's easily

Kain
    well, since displacement = power. . . the '64 could make more power. Theoretically anyway. The oversquare of the motor places additional stress on the motor though, possibly limiting power when reaching for the extremes. Difficult to say, since I don't know of anyone who's gone much past about 300 hp on the '64.

brandon
    I think this thread is kinda funny...

You guys ALWAYS jump at a newbie's throat when they ask a question that's been discussed before, but when it's a girl you're all friendly and shit.

Amazing...

Experienced TGC Member
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(brandon)</div><div class='quotemain'>I think this thread is kinda funny...

You guys ALWAYS jump at a newbie's throat when they ask a question that's been discussed before, but when it's a girl you're all friendly and shit.

Amazing...</div>

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
    Rob
    --------------------------------------------
    rIp 97 Galant
    starting over.
    90 Talon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast