The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: changing location of stereo head unit

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

changing location of stereo head unit

So i have a single DIN CD player, but due to the heat from the vents, it basically turns my CD player into an oven.

Has anyone tried re-arranging thier stereo/AC controls/ and pocket with any success? Im not looking to have to do any modifications to the bezzel, just some re-arranging of components.

I tried searching the forums, but couldn't find anything. Any ideas would be GREAT!

Last edited by Joshua42007; 04-08-2011 at 03:58 PM

WOW That sucks, I live in the desert so we never run heat on our cars, just a/c so if anything it helps keep mine cool. good luck with your mod.

i just moved my head unit from the top spot to the bottom spot in my 2000. i also have guages so they were in the bottom now in the top. ill post pics when it quits pourin rain here. the guages are kiinda wedged in right now but im gonna make a fiberglass peice molded into my center bezel so the guages point twards me a little. will have pictures when i get around to that too.
    "he can F?$! up an iron ball with a rubber hammer"

You are here entirely tooo much!! Serstylz2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guitarnik View Post
    i just moved my head unit from the top spot to the bottom spot in my 2000. i also have guages so they were in the bottom now in the top. ill post pics when it quits pourin rain here. the guages are kiinda wedged in right now but im gonna make a fiberglass peice molded into my center bezel so the guages point twards me a little. will have pictures when i get around to that too.
    same here