The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ball Joint Failure

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Ball Joint Failure

ok well the same thing has happened to me like 1000s of other 7gers, the ball joint failed and the car slammed to the ground and jammed the wheel into the wheel well and the axle came out too cause i tried to move the car out of traffic and no movement any gear. The car has already had the recall from the previous owner. I ordered the entire front suspension kit and arms and joints but im tryna see how bad the tranny with the axle coming out. i was going about 20, i had just pull out of the mall parking lot. Wat could i expect to pay? is it that serious. maybe just a new fender, ball joints and new axles will fix it?

yeah pretty much thats it. Ive never heard of tranny having a problem after axle popping out.

Did the axle separate or just came out from the transmission?
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Ya the car won't move even if one axle separates. The axle is probably just fine worst case is inner boot broke or separated. Just clean it up good repack with grease and put a new boot on.

Im not sure how to tell if it is broken or separated but the boot is completely torn and i can see all the grease. but i will say separated cuz the other half of the shaft is still in there. just as long as there wont be any major tranny probs, u know our shit is made out of glass lol

A $25+or- boot kit WILL fix it. If you have to pay someone to do it for you it might just be cheaper (because of labor) to go with a complete reman axle @ $70.

ok i will, thx for all u guys help