The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Body kit & muffler

Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

Body kit & muffler question!!

Hey guys I bought a AIT GRS fiber glass Body kit and it is being installed right now...I didnt think about it till now but since my side skirts are going to be to weak to use for support to lift my car with jacks...where should I place the jack to raise my car?....I am also moding my muffler to do duel mufflers...Does any one know if there is space underneath the car to even do a duel muffler? Thanks any insite will help

Def looking foward to get my car back so I can put my 20's on....my car is going to look bad!!
    Last edited by 9gtansedan; 04-11-2011 at 04:22 PM

DjFlav3
    New to galants but on every other car I've had there's been a spot to jack the car up (made of metal) or at least some piece of the frame to put the jack under. I wouldn't put the jack directly on side skirts especially if they are fiberglass.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 99 galant's Avatar
    Your owners manual should have jack spots. And why would you use the side skirts in the first place? Not smart.

cant remember cause its been a while since ive got my baby in there air but im pretty sure there are spots on the frame to jack it up from
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

ok I will check it out...any one know if there is room underneath the car to do duel mufflers?

every place i go shop wise they always use the side skirts to lift it up... they are using a manuel lift

great post...love all the mods

Quote Originally Posted by 9gtansedan View Post
    every place i go shop wise they always use the side skirts to lift it up... they are using a manuel lift
    look closer next time you are able to: they are not using the side skirts to lift the car... the frame rails are behind the side skirts and that is where you put the jack to lift the car. even if the side skirts are lower than the rails, the jack or the lift can still reach the frame rails/jack points.

thanks reelax...im still learning

Quote Originally Posted by stayer View Post
    not a fan.. front to me looks like the older lancers.. eugh..

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

I liked some of the front ends that they showed. Now only if they were real than the 9G would be in business.

The key to Immortality is first living a life worth remembering.

they have pinch points where you can def rais the car. jus remember NOT to use the floor jack to keep it up. allways get jackstands. your gonna post up pics of the muffler when you get it installed right?

yes I will post pics when i get it done. Just waiting for the body shop to finish installing the body kit then I will get a better idea on the modification to do duel exhaust. Should be in about 2-3 weeks.

definetely not under the sideskirts. When I change tires, I usually put it under the subframe located about 6-8 inches (estimate) or more in from the OEM jack posts. There will be a solid flat area on the subframe.