The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: First galant issues

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

First galant issues

Ok so im usually a honda man so this is my first galant. Now i knew since i only paid 600 for the car i was bound to run into issues along the way. First issue was the water pump went out which was no biggie. A easy fix. Now onto my second issue. In the beginning i would have to turn the key on and wait for it to go through its little beeps and the engine would crank right over. Now it wont even do that. If i play with the key turning it on and off over and over it would start eventually. I was thing it was the selonoid going out on it. I did the screwdriver test and i cranked right over without a issue. Umm lets see i also read it could be a part on the ignition which seems to go out on these cars (Part # MB903639 ) when i do turn on the ignition i hear a lil click from the steering column( kinda like the sound it makes with the blinker on). Anyway hope some can figure this one out before i have to start ripping it apart

i would check the ignition fuse and see if that is blown

Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    i would check the ignition fuse and see if that is blown
    But if it was blown wouldnt it not start at all? if i keep playing with the key turning it off and on over and over it would start.

its the ignition key. get another one
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    its the ignition key. Get another one
    ditto!