The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: My G-ride and the Deer @ 80mph

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 21

My G-ride and the Deer @ 80mph

Well, shit, I was heading down to Fl. on Thursday night 10-11 hr. drive!!! All was going well, had my 21 month old lil' boy X in the car sleeping peacefully and the wifey also!! Well, about 4 hours on I-75, I was stuck behind a slow car IN THE FAST LANE in a construction zone going about 50 mph (speed limit 60 mph), cuz it was raining, so i'm on his ass, til the zone ends, and he speeds up and gets in front of the truck so i sped up to about 85 mph, and right after a hill, i see about 100 ft. away, something in the middle of the road, As i got closer and finally made out what it was, i noticed it was a fucking deer (no antlers), and it proceeded to run away, but it couldn't make up its mind as it hesitated and before I could slam the brakes, the deer just glanced up, i guess knowing that it was gone, and bamn, scared the fuck out of me, the galant hit it, and then my right front tires ran it over, and after the rear tire ran it over, the car hopped, and almost lost control of the galant, as it swerved heavily to the left and right, as the ground/rd. was wet but the proxes gained control (thank to the lord up above)! - so, i slowed down to about 35 mph, and hit the hAZARDS, and pulled over at the next exit, my luck, a fuckin exit that had no lights, no gas station, so i proceeded to the next one 8 miles later! -

got out - when i put the g-rdie in park, i heard a buzzing sound, i was like fuck, i was hoping it didn't give me a flat, hoping it definitely didn't mess up my radiator, as i wasn't worried abut my bumper, cuz i was on my way down to south' fl to probably get a new one this trip and to visit the fam.!!

got out, as i walk in front of my galant, cracked the bumper on the top and bottom, left upper grill gone, no visual damage to my tires or axle, but the worst, the impact was so hard that it bent my upper and lower tie bar inwards, thus causing the fan blade to rub against the radiator and shroud thus causing the noise i was talking about!!! i was like fuck! i didn't feel like turning around, though, so i kept going to fl, since the radiatir wasn't leaking, and it still seemed driveable to me as long as the fan kept spinning - next day, i see hair on the bumper, all fucked up and shit, rode to the dealrship, told them to give me an estimate $$$ -

turns out i need a :

upper tie bar
    lower tie bar
    of couse - bumper cover & foam absorber -
    a/c cond.
    radiator
    fan shroud
    fan blade - not that much
    grill
    headlamps
    lower air guide
    right side engine shield
    possibly wheel alignment
    fogz/harness

estimated bout $1500 - $1800 damage the deer caused
    Semper Fi'

OUCH!! As much as that sucks, look on the bright side. You wife and baby are OK. Deer are a strange breed. When they see the lights, they tend to freeze in their tracks. I've heard about people totalling their cars when they hit one head on.

Check with your insurance. They'll usually pick it up on your comprehensive coverage after you pay a deductible. Good luck bro.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

TGC Regular
    damn thats harsh..but as long as everyone in the car was allright the rest is all fixable
    - Atba

NO DOUBT - yeah, its covered under my comprehensible w/ a the deductible, but the main thang, was that all was ok w/ the lil' one and wifey, know what i mean!!

now, i just gotta see what their damn adjustor says!!!!
    Semper Fi'

Damn that sux....I'm gonna be making the drive from NY to Florida in April
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Senior TGC Member
    [quote="Fishboy55"]OUCH!! As much as that sucks, look on the bright side. You wife and baby are OK. Deer are a strange breed. When they see the lights, they tend to freeze in their tracks. I've heard about people totalling their cars when they hit one head on.quote]
    Aye that's why when people describe someone as being completely clueless and frozen, they call it "deer caught in headlights." They're not the only animals that do it of course, humans have been known to do it as well. Maybe it was admiring your bodykit...
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

escoson
    :: escoson yells :: " JDM CONVERSION! JDM CONVERSION! JDM CONVERSION! "

(just a idea )

good thing your all ok, you should eat the deer now.

Faction
    aye mate, i say eat the deer, marinate it with some garlic :laughing: :laughing: and grill it! but anyways, why so many things to repair from the dealer estimate? and oh yeah, me hitting a cow is worse. 8)

Hey jason, be careful, homie - i assume you're gonna take I-95 all the way down, though, right? - i took I-75 to Turnpike! Watch out for them deers, especially the big ones, i hit a little one, but a nice weighted one, also them damn coyotes!! - let me know what time you're going to fl, yo!!! i'll be down there for a week around the beginning of may for a week, i think!! - hopefully, a friend of ours from TGC will sell me his 02 bumper!!!

lie i said, glad all was well, i'll show up to the GATGC meet this sat, so chrome can take some pics of it and post it here!!! its not as bad as it sounds, but shit bad enough for me!!!the main damage was to the tie barz and radi. and the bumper cover and the engine shield etc etc.!!

esco, jdm conversion costs some $$$, homie - no jdm's, but leaning towards the initial v air dam most definitely if anything!!

thanks brothas - good lookin out
    Semper Fi'

Gilhuly

in the rain

with the wife and baby in the car

You make the call.

Somebody had to say it

I'm sorry that this random shit happened to you and I've done dumber shit than that, but just consider your good fortune and would you do it differently in the future?

ps Is it true that in Atlanta if you want to drive the speed limit they make you mount a ramp on the back of your car?

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    oh man, sorry to read that, but i'm glad nothing happened to you or your family, all the other things can be replaced.
    -Pedro

Experienced TGC Member
    dude, that sucks, feel for ya....

down here in S. Mississippi, it happens like twice a day. usually w/ big semi's though, and the only thing that happens there is a squashed deer. but yeah, sorry to hear man, good luck w/ repairs

(<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>jdm conversion!!!</span>)
    -Chris

bongi
    you're lucky and count your blessings. had a case where deer was hit by the car in front and it was thrown to the next car's windshield, as the deer was dying, it kicked the driver in the head until he too died, ended up donating his organs :cry:

yo king sorry to hear what happened bro... what part of FL you going to? i got my OEM bumper cover in black sitting in my crib in miami if you need it.
    From Boost Addicts to Carbon Fanatics™ www.socalautowerks.com

Censee: Im trying to pimp some hoes for money for the lsd. 3/28/2011
    Cali: Sig 3/28/2011

i hear ya cali, but u know the bumper i wanted - only problem is u got it over there in cali, right, or u sold it!!! hey, homie - thanks for the offer - but i got C over there in mia hookin me up w/ his for a lil' bit of dough!! same color, same yar etc.!!! feel me!! - good looking out - i'ma be out there on june 10th again for a week getting my g-ride fixed at a body shop, if u gonna be there that time holla, we'll hit the clubz in coc. grove, south beach and u know, just chek out the #@'$!!!

to all the other memebrs who posted, yeah i was lucky, the lil' deer got hit pretty hard, and the g-ride's toyo proxes just ran right over it on the right side, bad situation, but what could I have done? nothing at all, had a wall to the left at me and tractors/cars to the right, raining, slippery and just a lil' bad luck, but gladly, i didn't let that incident ruin my trip, and gladly my g-ride was still driveable!!!

bet, that when i go back in june for my lil' kingz 2 yr. b-day, i'ma most. def be careful cuz i'ma be driving 12 hrs nighttime again by myslef w/ lil one sleeping in the back!! -

good looking out homies
    Semper Fi'

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.

Re: My G-ride and the Deer @ 80mph

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinGAzteK02LA)</div><div class='quotemain'>
    turns out i need a : Â*

upper tie bar
    lower tie bar
    of couse - bumper cover & foam absorber - Â*
    a/c cond.
    radiator
    fan shroud
    fan blade - not that much
    grill
    headlamps
    lower air guide
    right side engine shield
    possibly wheel alignment
    fogz/harness

estimated bout $1500 - $1800 damage the deer caused</div>

YO king, tell that dealership to stick it in their ear. Few things:

1.you dont need a new fan because it was still turning when you got out to check your car. (it may have rough edges because it was rubbing, but otherwise, no need)

2.you dont need any of that engine shield shit, all it does is prevent it from being hotter when you open up your hood. and trust me, i took mine off in hot ass AZ, and its not really hot at all.

3. YOU should know if you need an alignment, because the shit would be pulling to one side or the other.

4.You probably wont need a new radiator because your actual body wasnt really damaged, so i dont know how it got thru to your radiator, unless its leg or head went thru the damn radiator.

5.im not sure what the lower air dam is, maybe bottom of front bumper, but you dont need that either because you are getting a new body kit.

and of course im saying all this without seeing the car, but thats what i think.

...U N D E A D...

umm i should not tell this but,, when i got hit and run,, i dint pay no deductable,, cause when the guy came say gave me a check of 2000 and i had to pay 500,, for everything,,, including replacing outside door panel on front and back

than i went to dealr shipp,, he told me he can just sand Paper and Prime and color the back door,, so the total was only 1500

so i think i only paid around 100 bucks cause i had some other scratch removed from the car,,,,

damn i felt good as hell,, cause i played the Insu Company out,,, hope i dont get caught......

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

hey k - who said i was getting everything - shhhh! - lol
    Semper Fi'

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinGAzteK02LA)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey k - who said i was getting everything - shhhh! - Â* Â*lol</div>

ok shhh,, cause i was happy as hell when dealr said,, that,, he can sand prime and paint the bakc,, i was whoeee huhhh,, i just told em i dont want tell the insu,, cause i dont want my insu going high,, and shiiii

lol

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by KinGAzteK02LA
    hey k - who said i was getting everything - shhhh! - lol
    RIGHT ON, i thought that was everything that you were going to get.
    but its cool now

...U N D E A D...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast