The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: "Cylinder 4 Missfire"?

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

"Cylinder 4 Missfire"?

My SES light came on, i had it checked out by one of those scanners and it said "Cylinder 4 Missfire." I cannot pull out infront of ne-one due to it not being able to gun it from the start.. not sure how costly it would be to fix or exactly what the prob is. Was hoping i could get some info from you people out there. any info is appreciated, thanks.

Nick VR4
    could be as simple as a spark plug
    I would suggest you get it checked out as soon as possible
    Driving around on 3 cylinders in not good

Well, I just returned frm the mitsu. dealer myself, yo!! My SES light has been on for a week, so just to be safe I went to get an OBD Test, and mainly why I didn't really want to do it, was because I was afraid it was gonna be a minor issue for the cost of $90 for the test!!!

so they did it, and it turned out that they said i needed a tuneup before the light went off - so i was like wtf! :shock: - tune-up my ass, i give my car a tune-up every 5k!!! - then they said the spark plugs were misfiring, because i had bosch plugs in my I-4, and that the galant couldn't use bosch, so i said what about iridium, i know many friend that have them on their galants, no problems whatsoever, and so on and so on - they procedded to say, you could only use factory (Ngk plugs)!!! So, i was heated as fuck, cuz i spent $90 for the damn test!!! - but the good thing was, that the manager said, when i get my 60k done, he'll take the $90 from the total, feel me!! but i'm only at 52k, and i got 30 days to do that, so I might just get my 60k service done a lil' earlier than expected!!! -

Good Luck - like above, it might just be your plugs -
    Semper Fi'

hes right..
    bosche plugs are crapola. use only the NGKs

yeah, thats what i'm planning - when i get my service done -

hey manybrews - it''ll be worht it to get the platinum tipped ones or what on my I-4?
    Semper Fi'

Quote Originally Posted by KinGAzteK02LA
    yeah, thats what i'm planning - when i get my service done -

hey manybrews - it''ll be worht it to get the platinum tipped ones or what on my I-4?
    absolutly not.

The ONLY reason to use platinum plugs is to increase the service interval. since they are so easy to replace on the 4 cylinder, installing them is really kind of a waste of money.

They are only installed on the cars that require a lot of work to change them (i.e the v6's).

this topic was for helpin me out man.. not other people and their spark plug prob's.. i could use some help with this. i dont know wtf to fix. my mechanic isnt too sure either. its not the plug wires, i already replaced those.

Quote Originally Posted by UrbaysGalant
    this topic was for helpin me out man.. not other people and their spark plug prob's.. i could use some help with this. i dont know wtf to fix. my mechanic isnt too sure either. its not the plug wires, i already replaced those.
    id get a better mechanic.
    There are many things that could cause a misfire.. ignition, fuel, engine management, mechanical problems....

Its impossible to diagnose something like that over the net.

wow..you are an impatient ass, did you ever realize that maybe by listeneing to other peoples problems, you may find that they have the same problem as you and maybe you can both try to figure out how to fix it, this site is for helping everyone, not just UrbaysGalant

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

toc8g
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah

wow..you are an impatient ass, did you ever realize that maybe by listeneing to other peoples problems, you may find that they have the same problem as you and maybe you can both try to figure out how to fix it, this site is for helping everyone, not just UrbaysGalant
    I think your right Sarah! As a Matter of Fact, ManyBrews is Right,..I am 99% positive its the spark plugs because the same shit happend to me. As soon as the dealer put the oem spark plugs in my 2002 the shit went away and I paid $71 for the diagnostic and another $14 dollars for the plugs and labor at the mitsu dealer. When I could have spent $10 and bought oem(ngk) spark plugs and installed myself! I tell you that was a very expensive lesson. I never had one single problem with my 2000 I-4 Fed spec with Bosch but this 2002 is a little different and also a Cali spec.
    If your asking for help and your getting the answers from members who have allot more knowledge then you,... I would listen! You got your answers now I am closing the topic.