The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ipod integration on 9G

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Ipod integration on 9G

How much you think it will run me to get an Ipod integration? Wanna bump my cell phone in cinderella
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

there is an RF unit that works well. You plug it into your cigarette lighter, put your ipod in, tune the radio to like 88.3 or something like that and your i-pod plays beautifully. My cousin has one and it is awesome. No wiring and only like 30-70 bucks. The great thing is it can go in any car. Just an idea

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Hey guys! I new to this forum! but i was curious as was sirsaula, not about the cigarette units but the actual hard wiring to the stock system. i have an 09 galant and at the local Mitsubishi dealer they wanted to charge me 200 dollars... not doing that! so does anyone know of where i can get this for cheap??

I have had bad experiences with the ones that plug in the cig lighter, the signal would go in and out. In my wife's truck however, I installed the hardwire one, it took about 45 minutes, and it actually blocks the FM station you tune it to out, so the only signal going in is the iPod. It comes with an iPod cable, so it doesn't use the headphone jack and gives you a cleaner signal and charges too. If you don't mind doing the work yourself Best Buy has them for around 90 bucks but you can find them cheaper.

This one is similar: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004ED...me-garden?is=l

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Hey thanks alot!! I didn't think Best Buy even sold them! Once the new job kicks in hopefully i can make some more upgrades to my 9g Galant!!

Yeah, if you're going to use radio signal, you shouldn't go cheap. Cheap usually means inconsistency, and bad performance.
    '03 Sterling Silver GTZ

i just sold my oem ipod kit to someone on the forum for like 60 bucks, that was way better than any radio transmiter, it even let you keep steering wheel controls for your ipod
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm