The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: help finding rear struts

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

help finding rear struts

I am going to be installing struts on a 2000 Galant es 4cyl. I went to autozone and the guy brought out a rear strut but there was no spring seat on the strut. The pic on the guys computer showed shock seperate from the spring sitting side by side. What do I need to get? I don't want to order online and get the wrong thing and have to wait.

These are the part numbers from the print out at autozone
    Gabriel Ultra G56636 G56635 for the front two
    Gabriel Ultra G51254 for the rear

I have searched this forum and the internet and just can't find out what will fit the rear. This car has 130xxx miles and just want to get it riding comfortably for a friend
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    2010 Nissan Xterra 4x4

do you have an advance auto parts store near you?i just looked at their website and they have them with the spring perches.

yeah went in there but they don't keep anything in stock they have to order it and it takes 4 days

Autozone has a distribution hub not far from me so i know i can get parts fast from them. I will go try another advanced auto and see if they have them.
    2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R
    2010 Nissan Xterra 4x4

Advance Auto has the KYB GR2's, honestly I would get those over other brands anyway as KYB is one of the OEM manufacturers for Mitsubishi. They are more expensive, but if you look around on the net you'll find coupons that will bring that price down. (Or if you actually had time, ebay has them for a better price.) Just my .02. I would also check with NAPA, they always got my parts by next day.