The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Will these fit?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Will these fit?

I have a 2003 Galant GTZ. Tires are 205/55/16. Would I be able to use these wheels?

http://stjoseph.craigslist.org/pts/2269122698.html

They're from a Cavalier, with the same size tires.

why would you put these on a GTZ? GTZ wheels are much nicer.

Oh, I know. I love the GTZ wheels. I need the tires, not the wheels, but for $125 for the set with four free wheels, I want to buy them. I will be using the wheels for a short period of time.

It sucks being unemployed and broke, and my right rear tire won't keep air at all anymore. This seems like a quick fix until I can afford new Yokohamas or something.

I think Galant's bolt pattern is 5x114.3

The cavalier is supposed to be 5x100. Ours is 5x114.3, so it won't fit. Why don't you buy a used tire and replace the one tire that's leaking? That's what I did until I could afford new tires. Most used shops should charge you about $50 for the tire along with mounting it.

The tires in that craigslist ad look like junk. I'd pass.

I actually solved the problem this morning. I went ahead and bought another used tire(I have three tires that I've bought used over the past year or so. The fourth tire is one of the tires I had when I bought the car, about a year and a half ago).

However, I have another used tire in my house. I'll go get it mounted tomorrow.

The tire was $15, and mounting it was $12.50. Pretty good deal, IMO. I could have had it balanced, but I think I'll just get all of my tires balanced tomorrow.
    Last edited by MisterDeadeye; 04-18-2011 at 11:51 PM