The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is 3M Di-noc long lasting and heat resisting?

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Is 3M Di-noc long lasting and heat resisting?

Are there anybody having the idea about how long will 3M Di-noc last on exterior or on engine bay components?

I've been thinking of wrapping the entire car with Di-noc white "carbon fiber" because printing the car will cost ~$6,500. Also is it a good idea to wrap the 4G63T cover with Di-noc?

Because I've heard things about Di-noc that it will wear out really fast on exterior if the car is parked outdoors, or on the surface that is being touched from time to time, like the steering wheel. Also it permanently damages the surface it sticks to, and is almost impossible to remove.

I heard it holds up just fine, And removable is easy you just apply heat. As for the damage.. Possibly on some surfaces but I doubt it's going to tear up paint or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by ILLogical View Post
    I heard it holds up just fine, And removable is easy you just apply heat. As for the damage.. Possibly on some surfaces but I doubt it's going to tear up paint or anything.
    ^x2..

if u have a decent amount of clear your good.. Interior might have to worry about.. i feel like it'd either stay sticky .. or take a bit of the paint from the plastic moldings along with it.

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    ^x2..

if u have a decent amount of clear your good.. Interior might have to worry about.. i feel like it'd either stay sticky .. or take a bit of the paint from the plastic moldings along with it.
    Yeah I read a little about clearing and I used some valspar clear coat for my little test subject and it looks good still. I'm hoping it holds up inside..