The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The new kid

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17

The new kid

Hey i just wanted to post something since i had nothing else to do.

My car. its a 2.4L 2001Model Galant ES imported from the US to Iceland in 2004 its got about 115000miles on it. what i have done to it so far is i put alot of blue LED lights on it since i got 10 meters of LED's for xmas i have only used about one meter of it so i plan on puting more alot more:P the cops pulled me over one time for "resembling a cop car" and askd me to get it checked i got it checked and the man at the station sad it was fine so i lawyerd the cops and didnt have to pay a fine :D.

its my second car. my first car was an Isuzu Trooper 3.0 Diesel since i was always fixing something on that car and it was spending about 20L/100km my dad told me to sell it. i traded it even for this galant. well the guy actualy gave me about 20 bucks for gas. since i was such a good sells man:D

Sad Fact when i got the car it was almost scratch free except the hood and the rear bumper. at about the 3rd week of owning the car i noticed it had been keyed and the roof was scratched to shit, looked like someone took a piece of a xmas tree and dragged it across the roof

future planed; well they aren't much i really want to paint the car black and blood dark read. the top half would be black(hood, roof and trunk) and the rest would be dark blood read. i also want to make it a manual but i think that is only if a get the parts for free or next to free.

the EVAP system is bugging me at the moment i have code P0441. i have checked the purge solinode and the EGR valve both are fine i have to check the canister think near the fuel tank next.

hope you guys understood everything i wrote (English is my second language so give me a break.) i also realize this is along read wasn't suppose to be like the but what the hell :D
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Welcome, hope all goes well, by chance did the gas cap get left off?

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

nope now i always double check if it is tight enough.
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Welcome to TGC!! Be sure to post some pictures.

welcome to tgc

8th and 9th gen galants

Welcome !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    Welcome to TGC!! Be sure to post some pictures.
    dunno if i should all i got is some phone pics and usualy when i post pics of the led's i only get craped on
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

What matters is if you like your car. Not if some random guy likes it but if you realy like it. Change the car you want to and don't make anyone else tell you what looks good or not.

But the undercover cops here in iceland atleast have blue led in the grill so I can see why the cops would pull you over for copying them since it's ilegal to copy or have any similer to them.

well i was waxing the car today with some was i found in the garage it sayd nanotech and when i was just about to wax it of it started raining now the car looks worse then it did when i started FML. its kinda like this glue type thing on it now. like if it had some stickers on it and i riped them of the glue would stay behind.

and btw i fix the door trigger problem for those who have bin keeping up with my posts
    here is a link to the thread https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=46008
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

gotta love iceland for its surprise weather

hehh... love hate its all the same...
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Welcome to TGC|
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

hey why cant i see some threads or reply on some threads? is it beacouse the admin has yet to approve me?.. well what could be the reason he/she has not approved me yet?

oh and yeah.. about the pics.. should i post them here or should i start a garage thread..
    i dont update my car as much as some of u so i dont know if should start a garage thread.. ?
    Last edited by Palmz; 04-24-2011 at 09:33 PM
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Sorry to hear about the damage done to your galant. Welcome to tgc and looking forward to seeing pics of your G.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse