The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A damn shame!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 26

A damn shame!

Outside of my job today , watched a flatbed pull up wit an 8g on it.
    I was so boggled why a person can let a car get that bad,
    Figured I'd pull up along side it and get a pic. That way I can see
    The difference between stock and worked.

Can you size down your sig please? Thanks, Admin :)

A shame indeed, at least keep it clean lookin' if it's stock. If insurance cuts you a check for an accident, fix the car, damn I hate seeing that shit, a girl at my job had a brand new Camry with the whole rear bumper gone and one tail fucked up forever until she got relocated, for all I know it's still like that.
    So sad, the 8G's was the most attractive non-luxury car out at the time, a little TLC can go a long way.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Now that's one dirty Fish Bowl!!

Quote Originally Posted by cleazy123 View Post
    unless those companies, that you are advertising on your rear quarter window, are paying you (sponsorship), or you have a show car, lose the stickers.
    Last edited by Reelax; 04-20-2011 at 01:13 PM

^^^That chrome trim should get painted black too. Otherwise nice ride.

i like the white one better........................................jk, i kid i kid
    Nobody built like u, u desighn ur self.

5spd swap
    full custom body conversion
    18x9 Works VS
    Big 16g evo3T next project

Appreciate the feedback, what do u think does it deserve a gtz spoiler

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    A shame indeed, at least keep it clean lookin' if it's stock. If insurance cuts you a check for an accident, fix the car, damn I hate seeing that shit, a girl at my job had a brand new Camry with the whole rear bumper gone and one tail fucked up forever until she got relocated, for all I know it's still like that.
    So sad, the 8G's was the most attractive non-luxury car out at the time, a little TLC can go a long way.
    Don't worry about it guys. Cars won't appreciate their owners if they don't treat cars well. This kind of people will be ditched on the shoulder of the highway like an i-.

Quote Originally Posted by cleazy123 View Post
    Appreciate the feedback, what do u think does it deserve a gtz spoiler
    Yeah that's cool IMO. You may also consider a full VR4 post-facelift conversion with Dolphin Aeroform bumper.

I agree with oakrdrs187 that the chrome trims around the windows look obtrusive. How about tint it with 3M Di-noc "carbon fiber" vinyl (I'm a ricer don't listen to me)?
    Last edited by Serbj; 04-20-2011 at 04:33 PM

nice wheels...what size

235-35/19

That does suck...Unfortunately most people just think of Galants as just another car to get them from point A to point B. It takes a special kind of person to give a Galant the love it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    unless those companies, that you are advertising on your rear quarter window, are paying you (sponsorship), or you have a show car, lose the stickers.
    I've gotta disagree, I like them, just because you don't get sponsored doesn't mean you can't be proud of what you've got.

Boy: Wanna have sex?

Girl: Wanna listen Deadmau5?

Boy: Wanna do both?

*30 mins later*

Cop: So you're saying she just exploded?

I think that would look good.

Quote Originally Posted by ichbindasgehirn View Post
    I've gotta disagree, I like them, just because you don't get sponsored doesn't mean you can't be proud of what you've got.
    There's a reason why it's included in the packaging is to rep what you have like free advertisement.

Yeah trust me it could be worse, it could be he doesn't even have the products, and just has the stickers to be cool. Sounds dumb, but I've seen people stoop that low. That's my only pet peeve concerning stickers. Although the window trim being black would be a nice touch. Your car is clean regardless, just an idea. Atleast your a far cry from that white one

I've got the infinity stickers on my rear quarter glass, and I'm going to get a hifonics and crunch one too, audio goes in the back quarter glass and performance goes down the front doors. I love that look, and if I get beef for it on here then so be it.
    But I totally agree with you on the stickers being dumb if you don't actually have the product. and I also agree on it being a clean car. I love the black.

Boy: Wanna have sex?

Girl: Wanna listen Deadmau5?

Boy: Wanna do both?

*30 mins later*

Cop: So you're saying she just exploded?

i am actually more proud of having nice stuff without any sponsorship... the point is you have to advertise (via stickers and show attendance) for companies that sponsor you; that's part of the deal for getting parts, discounts, etc.

I've got the infinity stickers on my rear quarter glass, and I'm going to get ahifonics and crunch one too, audio goes in the back quarter glass and performance goes down the front doors. I love that look, and if I get beef for it on here then so be it.
    But I totally agree with you on the stickers being dumb if you don't actually have the product. and I also agree on it being a clean car. I love the black.
    it's called a "roll call" and it's a way to advertise your sponsors at shows or races, etc., because they pay you with parts or services for the exposure. when you put stickers of all the brands you have on your daily driver and leave it parked in public, we call that a "shopping list for thieves".
    Last edited by Reelax; 04-21-2011 at 07:28 PM

Quote Originally Posted by JesterX View Post
    That does suck...Unfortunately most people just think of Galants as just another car to get them from point A to point B.
    Because that's really all they are. We're just crazy enough to see past that :)
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Reelax I do agree with you on the thieves part when stickers are concerned. I use to have stickers on my old 240 for the parts I had because I didn't really want people knowing what mods I had done since I had considerably less motorwork done than some people I know around here...so I needed some sorta advantage lol. Then when I got bored of tryna be faster and focus on being clean and creative I stepped away from stickers to avoid being copied. Being copied is my biggest concern today. My town a lot of trends don't happen until one person is bold enough to start it. Really for example my boy had offset xxr wheels on his accord. At that time I can't remember anyone before him having low offsets on a honda. Vw yes but anyother fwd, no. Soon after he did it others followed suit. That's why if someone local with a car like mine does something first I wanted to do, I usually put it on the back burner until they get tired of it or sell the car lol. Part of the reason I like having a galant..stand out regardless. Sounds crazy but that's me lol. Know I rock stickers that make statements

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Because that's really all they are. We're just crazy enough to see past that :)
    For sure. I have modded every car I have owned in one way or another, just to make it mine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast