The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shaking in the front end

Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

shaking in the front end

im trying to figure out why my g is shaking in the front end.is this just an issue with galant when u lower them?? it only shakes when i hit the gas from a stop

it could be a inner tie rod,outer tie rod or a wheel bearing.jack the car up and shake the tire at the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock position and the 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock position.

well my outer tie rods are new.but ill try the other things

Quote Originally Posted by galant1983 View Post
    well my outer tie rods are new.but ill try the other things
    ok it has to be one of those things

believe it or not a bad cv joint will make it shake when u mash gas, an it wont even make the usual clicking noise in the turns while u got it up in the air grab ahold of the rite an left cv's at the boots an see if theres slop like a bad ujoint or sumthin oh yeah an warped rotors at hiway speeds
    clickity clack & boom in the back , 99 Glant

I replaced my axles, my inner tie rods, my outer tie rods, got an alignment, and replaced my motor mounts just in case and it didn't help. Your axles are binding. I had the same problem along with most other lowered V6s. You can try putting a washer on the end of your axle but I can't think of the size. There is a thread on here or on club3g with directions. It didn't work for me but it might for you.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

How Can I Find That Thread? I Need It Too

Are you lowered? You didn't really say or not. Try these things also.
    Ball joint- even if it seems good while on jacks they could actually be bad.
    Wheel bearing- might not seem bad on jacks but if the axle is pulled from them then you ca tell if they are good or bad.
    Strut tower bearing plate- same here. You need the car apart to actually check if they are good or bad.

Those 3 things really can not be checked if good or bad unless taken apart. Uless extremly bad. But if they are slightly bad they can cause a shake.

The bearing will give some sound from it, the worse condition it's in the higher sound it will make. All joints will have possible vibe from it, the rims can cause vibe, if the tire is swollen on some points can cause vibe. So many things can cause vibration it's not easy to say which part is causing you vibration.