The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Is it a good a idea to keep speedometer stock after mods?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 32 of 32
    Quote Originally Posted by bobmundo123 View Post
    that is gorgeous... much better looking then just the numbers.. very nice... im gonna be looking for that everywhere now
    here's a closer look:

it starts up then reads speedo then switches to tacho when the speed is zero for more than a few seconds. it automatically switches back to speedo when you move again.

yea, I saw thats crazy.. i love it.. eugh.. thats a good find man.. nd thats jus connected to your obd right. I'm also getting an android OBD adaptor to a tablet that im modding into the g6

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/con...ncept_top.html

i also found em for 352 plus shipping

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

yea, I saw thats crazy.. i love it.. eugh.. thats a good find man.. nd thats jus connected to your obd right. I'm also getting an android OBD adaptor to a tablet that im modding into the g6
    nope, it's not connected to OBD at all. it's connected to the fusebox/ignition switch for power, the rpm signal wire for the the tach and the speed sensor wire for the speedo. it's not plug and play like that but it's not too hard... you gotta take your gauge cluster out to tap the wires from the stock harness going to the stock gauges.

here's the installation instructions:

http://www.defi-shop.com/product/con...pt-install.pdf
    Last edited by Reelax; 04-23-2011 at 05:43 PM

a little scary to look at...
    im assuming it only the first page?

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

a little scary to look at...
    im assuming it only the first page?
    huh? that's the installation instructions that came with it when i got it directly from DEFI. scary? only first page? i don't understand what you are saying or asking.

Why 200 MPH?

BECAUSE RACE CAR!!!!
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

....not tryin to be an ass but i hit 120 when my car only had a cai and an exhaust on the highway..mind you it was slightly downhill not much but slightly held it there for a good while too. our cars arent too bad im almost positive i can clear 170+ right now just from how fast my speedo maxxes out when i hit the throttle but ill test it in a proper location with the right precautions taken in advance..like in front of the statey station lol.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

no i'm saying only the first page worth of instructions is what needs to be followed, unless the kit comes with all of that stuff? I'm not that informed on whats behind there....

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Your car can not normaly get to that speed unless you add a gear, remove the rev limit or swap engine. Removing rev limiter is very bad, since you don't want the engine going overspeed.

no i'm saying only the first page worth of instructions is what needs to be followed, unless the kit comes with all of that stuff? I'm not that informed on whats behind there....
    o i think i understand now. you were looking at the wiring diagrams and were intimidated by the "When the Defi-Link Display VSD CONCEPT is used WITH a connection to the Defi-Link System". for the HUD (VSD CONCEPT) you don't need to connect the DEFI-LINK system, refer to "When the Defi-Link Display VSD CONCEPT is used WITHOUT a connection to the Defi-Link System". the DEFI-LINK system is for other sensors and gauges (boost, water temp., oil press., exhaust temp., etc.) and the DEFI-LINK display (multi display)... that gets much more involved. the VSD can stand alone without the DEFI-LINK. the bigger wiring diagram with all the other components is if you want to use the DEFI-LINK.

one member here did use the DEFI-LINK system with his VSD CONCEPT since he was turbo v6 on his 8G. look up DRYBEAR:

VSD CONCEPT (HUD) above gauge cluster and DEFI-LINK display (multi display) in left corner of pic.
    Last edited by Reelax; 04-24-2011 at 01:47 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Reelax View Post
    o i think i understand now. you were looking at the wiring diagrams and were intimidated by the "When the Defi-Link Display VSD CONCEPT is used WITH a connection to the Defi-Link System". for the HUD (VSD CONCEPT) you don't need to connect the DEFI-LINK system, refer to "When the Defi-Link Display VSD CONCEPT is used WITHOUT a connection to the Defi-Link System". the DEFI-LINK system is for other sensors and gauges (boost, water temp., oil press., exhaust temp., etc.) and the DEFI-LINK display (multi display)... that gets much more involved. the VSD can stand alone without the DEFI-LINK. wiring diagram with all the other components is if you want to use the DEFI-LINK.

one member here did use the DEFI-LINK system with his VSD CONCEPT since he was turbo v6 on his 8G. look up DRYBEAR:

VSD CONCEPT (HUD) above gauge cluster and DEFI-LINK display (multi display) in left corner of pic.
    Looks good.. I'll probably be sticking to the HUD, and a Guage for Pressure - NOS, Oil, and A Tacho with light, just for show mainly...

IMMORTALIZED CUSTOMS
    Sid Mundo Production

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12