The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Electrical Help

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Electrical Help

So Ive had the 7gb fogs for a while now and finally hooked them up today. Ive heard that you can find the wires and just plug them in but I couldn't find them at all. So what I did is take a regular old toggle switch and ran the hot off of thick red wire on the headlight switch. Now here's the funny part, When I turn the fogs on and the low beams the high beams come on. not all the way on but you can see it if you look really close. Now for the next funny part when I turn the high beams on the fogs go off. Only one of the fog lights would come on but the other one may have blown. Does anyone have any clue what i have done wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

you shouldn't have done it like that, you should have used a relay. Dis you touch and of the stock wiring for highs or lows?

Ideally you should have taped into the ignition wire to the toggle switch and ran it to trigger the relay to draw 12V from the battery to power both fogs, also ground fogs to chassis not an existing wire.

i had something simillar with my highs glowing. its something in the wiring doesn't like being connected lol

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

I was wondering where the pics of these damn lights were! LOL That is some wierd shit....get it squared away yet?

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"

Noose haven't got it figured out but hey they look good.lol

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Oh, and sometimes the fat guy can lay the pipe. Just saying.....

You shoud really have used a relay and wired it properly. With the fogs and low beams on the way you have it wirde is more amperage than the circuit was designed for. The fogs are going off when the high beams come on because thats what they are designed to do.

Being you are using a toggle switch you can just run a hot wire from your battery (install a removable fuse in this wire) and then you can have your fogs on any time you want. I used a lighted toggle switch (lights up when the lights are on) to help me remember when I have them on. I installed the switch in one of the blanks" that covers an opening where a switch should be.
    Last edited by eksz; 04-23-2011 at 07:15 PM
    jjj
    98 ES (5 spd), 94 GS (5 spd), 94 ES (rebuilt auto), 92 Toyota 4X4, 81 KZ550 A2, 67 Mercedes 250S, 58 Mercedes 190SL

Quote Originally Posted by 98mgalant View Post
    Noose haven't got it figured out but hey they look good.lol
    Yeah they do! I am glad I found em for you....now just get them working properly damn it!

"Why fart and waste it when you can burp and taste it!"