The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 4G93T in a 6g

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

4G93T in a 6g

Hey guys My name is Brian and i'm from the island of Barbados and i luv this site.....

Ok here's my issue.. i currently own a 1990 Mitsubishi Colt that has in a 4G93T and i recently came across a 6g super saloon rolling chassis with a mint interior and relatively clean outer....now im wondering how much of a hassle would it be to use my 4G93 in it ...because the 6g engine bay looks waaaay bigger than my colts (could b the length of the front end of the 6g that has me) .... so what i want to know about is the engine mounting points in the 6g specially the front and back mounting and how different they are from the 1990 colt and the evo3 shape lancers

Any form of advice would be taken into consideration highly

My current setup in the colt (its FWD)

4G93T GSR w/vr4 pistons
    390cc injectors (upgrading to 510cc soon)
    Evo3 FMIC
    Greddy type BOV
    T3/T4 turbo
    standard GSR ecu (upgrading to a Megasquirt soon)

Thanks guys

Ok since my question seems to be strange ... i have another question

Will the 7g axles work for the 6g?

engines would swap over, but you have to use the same transmission and axles. you might have to make some sort of mixed breed of axles. the 4g93 inner ends with the axle and outer end of the 6g.

As of the mounts - same thing. get the two side mounts in and the see what works.

Or you could just keep the colt. Id love to put my hands on a colt.

let me know if you want to sell that gsr ecu
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

thanks mko... im keeping the colt btw ... will drop in a 4g15 or 91 with throttle bodies and i will use the 390 injectors and a piggy back setup and some other tid bits .... have some toyota 20v that feel they rule...lol

Well lucky for me i found some 6g axles but they have no knuckles so i'm hoping the knuckles from my 4g93 axles will work...... when all is said and done i would like to have my Galant look like the AMG to some extent because no one has an AMG here so i wanna be the first

as for the gsr ecu i dont think i will sell it...gotta keep a back up ecu just in case....btw this ecu is from the 94 colt model so i'll be running that harness n stuff in the galant