The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 9g/380 8 piston brake kit

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 41

9g/380 8 piston brake kit

KSport now have a brake kit that was made up for us Aussies.

It consists of 8 piston fronts and 4 piston rear calipers, slotted rotors and new brake hydraulic lines.

It requires a minimum of 19 inch wheels to fit.

expect to spend about $4k for all four wheels.

This is the first kit that is suited for our rears as well as the fronts.

Last edited by redblower; 04-24-2011 at 06:31 PM

Damn that's vicious. I would imagine though that unless you got some serious HP under the hood the cost is a bit prohibitive.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    if you want a cheaper route, try getting an evo 9/10 brembo calipers. They fit US 9gs which probably fit the aus version too.

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    if you want a cheaper route, try getting an evo 9/10 brembo calipers. They fit US 9gs which probably fit the aus version too.

I am of the understanding that only the fronts from the Evo would fit.

The rears are incompatible due to the handbrake layout?

does your rear disk brakes have brake shoes as the mechanical handbrake? if so then the rears should fit also. I had full front and rear brembo calipers in my 9g. I just had to use the stock brake hose on the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by redblower View Post
    I am of the understanding that only the fronts from the Evo would fit.

The rears are incompatible due to the handbrake layout?
    The rears are interchangeable on a lot of Mitsubishis, and certainly not a problem on the USDM 4G/9G. Unless I'm overlooking something, I don't think the aussie Galant is any different. Honestly, I'm not into the hype of piston count, I'd much rather go with an EVO X Brembo setup (bigger than the 7/8/9) with a nice set of ss lines and BAER two piece rotors and pads.

Try it and see if you can get the rear kits to work.

I had to send a complete rear axle to KSport to custom fabricate the rears.

I would fall off my chair if Brembos just bolted on.

Theories are one thing...this kit actually works.

Big difference...

Prove me wrong...I dare anyone to show a working set of Brembos.....

But the handbrake...MUST work as per manufacturers specs....
    Last edited by redblower; 04-25-2011 at 12:44 PM

If you not making over 600+ HP you wont need a 8 piston break system, it just a waste of money.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

horsepower doesn't really matter. You have have a 200 hp car. if it weighs a lot, and you have race compound tires and are hitting the track hard....
    you are going to need more brake than a 600hp lighter weight drag car.

1994 Galant GS-Turbo

Try it and see if you can get the rear kits to work.

I had to send a complete rear axle to KSport to custom fabricate the rears.

I would fall off my chair if Brembos just bolted on.

Theories are one thing...this kit actually works.

Big difference...

Prove me wrong...I dare anyone to show a working set of Brembos.....

But the handbrake...MUST work as per manufacturers specs....
    I would test it myself if I had an Australian 9G... but like most of us here, I do not. I myself have EVO VIII Brembos on my 8G, so I'm not just throwing out theories there, I am familiar with our brake system. As stated above, it does work on the USDM 9G and 4G, and you did not state yet what is exactly the problem on your car with them. 4K goes a loooong way in the brake department, an amount most people will think twice before spending. Especially when you have a factory setup that might work, with 18's. Not to mention the aftermarket offerings. And you don't need to dare anyone here. You could have easily bought a set of rear Brembos for next to nothing, try it out yourself, and resell it if it didn't work, loosing no money. I by no means am putting down the KSport kit or you, I was just trying to help, I do hope you see that.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    I would test it myself if I had an Australian 9G... but like most of us here, I do not. I myself have EVO VIII Brembos on my 8G, so I'm not just throwing out theories there, I am familiar with our brake system. As stated above, it does work on the USDM 9G and 4G, and you did not state yet what is exactly the problem on your car with them. 4K goes a loooong way in the brake department, an amount most people will think twice before spending. Especially when you have a factory setup that might work, with 18's. Not to mention the aftermarket offerings. And you don't need to dare anyone here. You could have easily bought a set of rear Brembos for next to nothing, try it out yourself, and resell it if it didn't work, loosing no money. I by no means am putting down the KSport kit or you, I was just trying to help, I do hope you see that.

hey no offence taken, my "dare" was tongue in cheek....

I should perhaps elaborate...Brembos of the same size as stock units will probably fit our cars....but no point in that, may as well do nothing.

The plan was to get seriously good brakes.

I get 350+ hp on my 9G, so yeah, I need bigger brakes.

The 6 piston brake package from the TMR380 is $15,000 for all four wheels.

So the KSport at $4,000 is pretty damn good.

cool

But really 6 piston. And yes HP matters. Because OEM breaks are good enough to stop a stock car. Just because mitsubishi are not stupid to put something weak. Everything is balance out. You would not see a 6 piston caliper or breaking system on a 350 hp car. all i'm trying to say is to much money is you dont need it. Even evos that are making 600+ are using their stock 4 piston brembo.

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    But really 6 piston. And yes HP matters. Because OEM breaks are good enough to stop a stock car. Just because mitsubishi are not stupid to put something weak. Everything is balance out. You would not see a 6 piston caliper or breaking system on a 350 hp car. all i'm trying to say is to much money is you dont need it. Even evos that are making 600+ are using their stock 4 piston brembo.

Evo is around 1200kg

My 380 is around 1900 kg.

My car weight is 700 kgs more than Evo....about 55% more weight.

How many more pistons to get 55% more than 4?

BTW 700 kg is more than half a ton heavier.

Do not confuse stopping power with engine output.

Stopping power is function of mass over distance and decelleration.

The engine output has nothing to do with brakes.
    Last edited by redblower; 04-27-2011 at 02:16 AM

But to brake superfast is mostly needed for racers. But ofcourse braking is always good, might save lifes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi1991 View Post
    But to brake superfast is mostly needed for racers. But ofcourse braking is always good, might save lifes.

Of course...I am always a racer-ing, that's why I needs bigs breaks.

The lifes I want to safe most is mine.

If you look at my avatar see my smooth head, I don't want it all scratched from bad breaks...;)

Hey if you have the money by all means get it.

SOHC Turbo

Evo is around 1200kg

My car weight is 700 kgs more than Evo....about 55% more weight.

How many more pistons to get 55% more than 4?
    More piston count doesn't necessary means you get more stopping power. Hydraulic clamping force is a function of the combined effective area of the piston bores. The benefit of higher piston count is more even distribution of the clamping force and better pad ware. All this is assuming you have a master cylinder to keep up. You also left out the fact that just using a bigger diameter rotor itself will increase stopping power.
    BTW one reason not to go overkill on brakes is the added weight. Like with many things on a car, one should want something that gets the required job done, with minimal compromises. But maybe that's just how I think.

I'm going to let you enjoy your new brakes now, just figured I put this here before someone thinks things are that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by gtx View Post
    More piston count doesn't necessary means you get more stopping power. Hydraulic clamping force is a function of the combined effective area of the piston bores. The benefit of higher piston count is more even distribution of the clamping force and better pad ware. All this is assuming you have a master cylinder to keep up. You also left out the fact that just using a bigger diameter rotor itself will increase stopping power.
    BTW one reason not to go overkill on brakes is the added weight. Like with many things on a car, one should want something that gets the required job done, with minimal compromises. But maybe that's just how I think.

I'm going to let you enjoy your new brakes now, just figured I put this here before someone thinks things are that simple.
    Thanks for your input, it is appreciated very much.

I'll just add that I completely agree with you about bigger rotors, but with bigger rotors usually means bigger calipers, which usually means more pistons.

And here we are then...

red is nicer...

Last edited by redblower; 04-28-2011 at 05:04 PM

Very nice, and well mostly more piston say alot, increased m2 means the same pressure works better because there is more power to brake.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast