The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Yet another projector project!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Showing results 81 to 94 of 94
    so all up how much did it cost you then buddy?
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

Projectors were $48.52 shipped, shrouds were $22 shipped the hid kit I had but needed D2S bulbs for another $16 shipped.

Plus used headlights for $47 shipped.

So $134 but if my heads were good it would have been $86.

I think if your not as picky about using FX-R or TL then you could get some good Bi-xenon for pretty cheap. My experience has been good with the Valeo projectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obviously i have heads i wil lcrack for the job,remembering ours have seperate lows to his inlike your 1 for all unit so would the projectors still fit? and whats the diff between the fx or tl bud?
    thank you
    www.qcustoms.co.nz

So stick the projector on the low side only and just tap the high beam wire to the solenoid wires on the projector and have both halogen highs and bi-xenon HID highs.

I've seen a BMW like that. Stock it had a halogen high beam next to the projector that also opened up.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    So stick the projector on the low side only and just tap the high beam wire to the solenoid wires on the projector and have both halogen highs and bi-xenon HID highs.

I've seen a BMW like that. Stock it had a halogen high beam next to the projector that also opened up.
    This! That way, you retain flash-to-pass functionality without flashing or pulsing your ballasts, shortening their lifespan. Makes DRL's simpler and again keeps your ballasts alive for longer.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Exactly!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    This! That way, you retain flash-to-pass functionality without flashing or pulsing your ballasts, shortening their lifespan. Makes DRL's simpler and again keeps your ballasts alive for longer.
    You are correct, but I believe the ballasts will be triggered anyway. It can be done with an extra relay to block of the relay powering the HID's in low beam.

I did this in my Tahoe just for that reason.

Basically you have a relay powering the low beams. Pin 85 to ground and 86 to low beam 12v. What you would do is cut the 85 ground wire in half and connect on side to the 30 on the second relay and the other to 87. ground pin 85 and connect 86 to parking lights positive. What this does is cutoff ground from the first relay preventing it from opening when 'flash to pass' during the day. When parking lights are on, ground is restored allowing the relay to open for low beams.

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    You are correct, but I believe the ballasts will be triggered anyway. It can be done with an extra relay to block of the relay powering the HID's in low beam.

I did this in my Tahoe just for that reason.

Basically you have a relay powering the low beams. Pin 85 to ground and 86 to low beam 12v. What you would do is cut the 85 ground wire in half and connect on side to the 30 on the second relay and the other to 87. ground pin 85 and connect 86 to parking lights positive. What this does is cutoff ground from the first relay preventing it from opening when 'flash to pass' during the day. When parking lights are on, ground is restored allowing the relay to open for low beams.
    It's 5:47am EST as I read this. Too early for a lot of words, I'm kinda slow. I needs pics to explain that, try as I might I can't visualize it right now lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

The wiring does get a bit intensive but basic when you think about it. I will try to jazz up a diagram. But when you get a chance go to the diamante and with the lights off, flash highs and check if low beams come on.

Yeah, after I woke up some, and reread it, I got it. Like this:

Complicated yet simple.

-Greg

Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Yeah, after I woke up some, and reread it, I got it. Like this:

Complicated yet simple.
    You got it. What this will do is allow you to flash/pass with headlights off 'during daytime' and avoid triggered HID's.

That whole "it's too early" thing is real for me, I couldn't for the life of me understand what you wrote, then later with a re-read, it was clear as day, took me a few seconds to draw that, and it make sense, because my lows do get triggered when I flash-to-pass. When I do my proper retrofit, I think I'm gonna make a custom wire harness for it all so it can be totally plug and play, and I'll incorporate this into its design. Thanks my dude!

-Greg

No prob brah, I too am anal about how my Heads and fogs function. In my 04 Tahoe there is a crap load of relays (like 8-10)to work around the automatic lights sensor so that when I remote start the lights don't come on, then the truck cranks they shut off and come on again once it's started.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345