The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: comparing engines 4G63's

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

comparing engines 4G63's

i got this deal about to go down.

my buddy has a fully built 6bolt in his 2G. i can get the motor from it on the cheap as long as something else will go in its place so he can trade it in.

my question is this. whats the diffrence between the 1G N/A 4G63 and the turbo 4G63

will i be able to get a N/A 4g63 and add the turbo and injectors and get it to run decent?

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

besides oil squirters, pistons and rods, there isnt much difference block wise. Injectors, TB, fuel pressure regulator and intake manifold are different. The IM just has the extra nipple for the BOV.

If you get the n/a engine in there, he wont be able to boost past 10-12 psi. And he'll need a 7 bolt flywheel too.

other than that, go for it.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    besides oil squirters, pistons and rods, there isnt much difference block wise. Injectors, TB, fuel pressure regulator and intake manifold are different. The IM just has the extra nipple for the BOV.

If you get the n/a engine in there, he wont be able to boost past 10-12 psi. And he'll need a 7 bolt flywheel too.

other than that, go for it.
    he doesn't car as long as it runs lol. hes just going to trade it in. so where would i tap for the bov then?

so all i have to do is bolt the turbo on, swap injectors, and tap a line for the bov and i'm all set? then just mod the water pump to put the 2G/7G mount in?

also is it possible to use all the timing stuff that was on the engine again after i mod the water pump? i have no intrest to waste money on a motor that the dealer will have to deal with

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    he doesn't car as long as it runs lol. hes just going to trade it in. so where would i tap for the bov then?

so all i have to do is bolt the turbo on, swap injectors, and tap a line for the bov and i'm all set? then just mod the water pump to put the 2G/7G mount in?

also is it possible to use all the timing stuff that was on the engine again after i mod the water pump? i have no intrest to waste money on a motor that the dealer will have to deal with

t the hose for the fpr and use it for the bov.

yes you can use the timing components as long as they are in good shape

if he had it in a 2g then the water pump should be modified already. just grab the whole thing off the eclipse and use the 7g mount for the 7 bolt you'll put in
    Last edited by mko; 04-25-2011 at 02:01 PM
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    t the hose for the fpr and use it for the bov.

yes you can use the timing components as long as they are in good shape

if he had it in a 2g then the water pump should be modified already. just grab the whole thing off the eclipse and use the 7g mount for the 7 bolt you'll put in
    he doesn't have the original motor. i'm giving him one to put in the 2G. his 2G hasa a fully built 6 bolt.

i got to mod the pump on the N/A 63 to go in his 2G, and hes giving me the built motor

Experienced TGC Member Blue Ice's Avatar
    if all it has to do is run, just put a N/a motor in it, and sell it as N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ice View Post
    if all it has to do is run, just put a N/a motor in it, and sell it as N/A
    but hell get screwed in the price. it's a 99' GST