The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What Turbo Goes for my galant?

Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

What Turbo Goes for my galant?

Hello I'm really sorry for posting, Instead of using search. but first of all.
    I tried to google to find out what engine i have.
    01 Galant Sport 2.0 manual. SOHC 16 Valves so whats the code for this engine? I.e. 4g63 etc ? And does Garrett t3 turbo unit. fits to that engine?

What you could tell about that Garrett t3 turbo unit.? thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Jenkis; 04-25-2011 at 05:33 PM

we dont have that engine in our Galants in the US where are you from? may have better luck posting in the international members section....

sounds like a 4g63 though which should be easy to turbo

SEARCH!!!
    Last edited by dGALANTc; 04-25-2011 at 12:07 PM
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

From UK mate. I could post Picture of it. If that changes anything.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Jenkis; 04-25-2011 at 01:24 PM

That is definitely a SOHC 4G63
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

So turbochanger easily goes innit? what about that turbocharger I mentioned above? garrets?

Yeah is not a DOHC, is a SOHC.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

I found this turbo http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-m...-unit/77550032 . what do you say?
    Last edited by Jenkis; 04-25-2011 at 05:34 PM

read some of the forums about boosting (adding turbo)on here this site has endless info on all things galant.

makes me wonder now if he could do a dohc swap from a evo like us??? would all the turbo parts fit from the dohc 4g63 hmmmmmn?
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

by that saying you mean Whole Engine Swap? or just some of EVO Dohc 4G63 Engine Parts?

Im pretty sure the evo head will swap over. Depending on the engine orientation will give you what evo head you can swap.

Only sonata f5m42 swapped. N/A build in motion.

I mean just the engine parts i think the evo 8 would work just like the 4g64 sohc the timing belt is on the left side the same so i think it would work but you should do a bit more research to find out. but take a look at this anyway

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=38229

there is another thread too that i may post when my search function is working properly
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

Quote Originally Posted by dGALANTc View Post
    sounds like a 4g63 though which should be easy to turbo

SEARCH!!!

If it's Easy to turbo so why da hell i should think about swaping 4g64 parts?

how much would cost to get all these swap parts?

Im really sorry guys I'm kind a beginner in these engine performance upgrades.. but im really keen to learn it.

basically if you want to turbo it do some research and figure out the best set up for you im thinking almost all the dsm parts from the dohc 4g63 will fit so look into that if you dont want to swap heads.

i never said anything about using 4g64 parts just swapping a dohc head from an evo which is a 4g63t
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....