The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exh. Manifold Replacement.

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Experienced TGC Member

Exh. Manifold Replacement.

Just have a few questions as I wait for my dc sports manifold to arrive. Should I replace the exhaust manifold bolts and studs? They look fine and came off without a problem so idk what to do. Also what are the torque specs and the order in which to tighten them down. I feel like there's a specific way to do it to prevent exhaust leaks.

03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Just have a few questions as I wait for my dc sports manifold to arrive. Should I replace the exhaust manifold bolts and studs? They look fine and came off without a problem so idk what to do. Also what are the torque specs and the order in which to tighten them down. I feel like there's a specific way to do it to prevent exhaust leaks.

If they are fine, leave them alone. For the correct torquing sequence and specs download the Factory Service Manual here.

Check the service manual but when I have replaced manifolds on i usually snug them all down then start in the middle and work my way out torquing them then go over them 1 last time making sure they are properly torqued to spec

I have. Question lol...my mechanic just swapped my motor I think I have an exhaust leak in the exhaust manifold but I'm not sure...could it be because it wasn't torqued to specs? Will it pass Inspection like that? And is it bad for the engine if there is an exhaust manifold leak? And what if you tighten the bolts too much?