The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: exhaust manifold questions

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 48
    the stud is what the nut is threaded to. The stud is basically a bolt, without the head, which has two different thread pitches on it, one side screws into the head itself, and the other side the nut threads on to that.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Fml this might have to wait a few days I got into an accident today...-__-
    Last edited by NewGalantKid; 04-28-2011 at 06:17 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi1991 View Post
    The bolt should be realy easy to take off, try using lockedkey 12mm and another or 14mm on the end, use the closed end on the bolt, check if the nut under is pinned down and wont spin with. Remember you don't need muscle if you have a longer shaft.
    ha ha i didnt need either i just used a bunch of lube!

accident what the hell happened?
    2002 5spd swapped
    under construction.....

My dad likes putting the cheapest tires ever on my car
    -__-
    so it stopped raining and the roads were drying (roads like that are the worst) and some guy in front of me was slowing down to make a turn and so did I. suddenly he stops short so I try to but my car slid right into him...his car looks completely fine..he's worried what's behind the bumper like the foam collapsing. My front bumper was a bit damaged before and it dislodged a bit ill probably get a new one but nothing too major.
    Last edited by NewGalantKid; 04-29-2011 at 08:16 AM

That's his damage....he's worried that the foam behind the bumper collapsed -__-

Edit* I forgot to pixel his plate
    And the white spots is just light not scratches
    Last edited by NewGalantKid; 04-29-2011 at 01:03 PM

I see no damage lol, and the foam expands and contracts usually.... although my rear bumper foam was broken and missing chunks.

Can't see any problem.

Lol right xD Idk he called it costs a grand to fix his car because something behind his license plate collapsed or exploded Idk my dad talked to him lol... I'm 17 and young so my dad dealt/dealing with it lol

make sure you get proof, alot of fraud is happening, and I see NO damage lol

Yea I will lol...but can't he just like smash the inside of his bumper/ foam and I wouldn't know?

Yea the guy was being an Ass too because I called my dad and he came over and my dad asked what's wrong cause he didn't see any damage and the guy started yelling at my dad saying IDK WHAT'S WRONG WITH IT I'M NOT TRYING TO FIND ANYTHING WRONG BUT THERE MIGHT BE. and my dad was like I'm just asking gosh.....and later while waiting for the cops my dad was calling someone and the guys kept rambling on and then tells me I'm a big boy I don't need my dad...I was like I'm 17....

What I thought was I'm 17 Ass**** I can call my dad lol

Because he said that, make SURE you take your dad with you whenever you talk to him or see him, keep your dad involved. Shoot man I'm 22 and Ill call my dad no problem, I don't want to get screwed lol.

lol I know I am my dad is handling it all.....but where can I get the proof his not screwing with us cause can't he mess with anything behind the bumper and I wouldn't know?

you should be able to ask the body shops who will fix that, and as for him messing with it, maybe... most likely he won't though, its a pain to take bumpers off

Well Idk when I replaced mine it wasn't that bad lol...and you mean the body shop will tell me exactly how much it is?

well if he goes and gets a quote of this "damage", yes, but your insurance should cover it

I know this is for the front, but you can see it doesn't cost that much
    http://market.autopartsfair.com/pont...and_prixbumper

Well my dad doesn't want to go through insurance...could anything else have been damaged or "collapsed" without actually breaking the bumper cover?

ive had mine out and if theres no dmg to the exterior i strongly doubt anything at all in any way shape or form happend to the inside the guys just being the biggest ass he possibly can. frikin foam what a jackass >.> i threw mine away when i had my bumper covers off (needed room for other stuff but still) as far as the bolts go i took mine off the first time with a wrench not a socket its a little easier.
    4g64 dohc turbo 5-speed
    gt30r @20psi stock block,mbc
    2.5" tbe
    evo 8 ecu and maf
    large fmic w/ cx racing intercooler pipes
    wrx injectors @ 100psi fuel pressure

Quote Originally Posted by reiketsutsukigami View Post
    ive had mine out and if theres no dmg to the exterior i strongly doubt anything at all in any way shape or form happend to the inside the guys just being the biggest ass he possibly can. frikin foam what a jackass >.> i threw mine away when i had my bumper covers off (needed room for other stuff but still) as far as the bolts go i took mine off the first time with a wrench not a socket its a little easier.
    Fml...thanks guys ill tell my dad to go check it out or at least get the actual quote/ receipt from the body guy....thanks

Alright so the guy claims that the bumper itself cracked behind the license plate -___-

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast