The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Just a Thought....

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Icon5 Just a Thought....

I was looking on craigslist for a 3gen eclipse part out and what not. i didn't really read into this but there was a 3g that had an automatic trans with a slap shift(just repeating what i heard not sure if this is true or not). thats just what the ad said. would this trans be compatible with our 8gens in anyway? and i'm sorry i didn't search our site. if this has been discussed just say so. i only have a couple mins on here then i have to leave. i'm just posting this up so i don't forget to ask. and my auto tranny finally gave out on me last weekend. so faster the info the better. i don't want ot swap to manual if i can do this. but also this sounds like more work/impossible.

Thanks,
    Brett
    2000 G-lant ES

Yeah, and i think its called triptronic, or sportronic, or something along those lines.
    -Andrew

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Tiptronic is specifically for Porsches.

Sportronic is the Mitsubishi term for "manually" shiftable automatic transmissions. There was a thread on Club3G I think where someone wanted to swap to the sportronic (I think it was Tearstone). Too much trouble to be honest. You want to manually change gears, go 5-speed.

dont forget there is lag shifting gears with the sportronic

thanks for the info guys. yeah i want to go manual but my fiance drives my car sometimes.. and i really don't to hear about it tryin to teach her to drive a manual again. lol i've been riding dirtbikes most of my life so i get the clutch shit down. when i actually did drive a manual car it was like i was at home. lol and when i did bring up the manual swap to some members of her family(american muscle gearheads) cause i know i couldn't do it myself, they let me have it about imports. but my g will be manual someday. after i go to college.
    2000 G-lant ES