The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: I need a new Turn Signal switch mechanism

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Icon4 I need a new Turn Signal switch mechanism

Hi,

I was driving to Palm Springs yesterday when I heard a small crack after using the signal to change lanes. The left signal indicator kept flashing on the dash (as did the tail signal) and the right turn signal would not work at all. I had to pull over and physically remove the bulb from the bezel so as to avoid a fix-it ticket but still had to drive with the incessant clicking and flashing of the dashboard indicator. I tried removing the fuse that controls the signals but there was no effect - as long as the key was turned on that light would flash.

I contacted Mits and they said I need a Turn Signal switch mechanism which should solve the problem. Do you think this is correct or could it be a relay? I have no way to know.

Also, I'm looking to replace this as cheap as possible. The parts store has it for 70.00 bucks U.S. so if you know of a better price then hit me up ASAP!

Oh, yeah. I know there are threads about dash repair issues but all I've seen are complaints and no real solutions. So if anyone knows a good looking, realistic and affordable solution to the 'defroster curl and air bag cover bulge' issue, please send me the info!

Thanks!

I have a couple of those switches I will sell cheap.
    The best way to not get curl and bulge is to move some place colder, we dont have issues with that here.

LOL - Sorry bro, I can't control the weather but I am interested in the switch. How long have you had it and is it new or used? I'm in Cali btw...

PM me with the details if you want.

Thanks

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    i have about 10 of those switches,

Not how fast your car goes but how good u drive going fast.
    Drive It Like You Stole It!
    7G Erubini Body Kit for sale
    http://thegalantcenter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57678

im gonna hit the junkyard on sat or sun. if i find one ill get it and ship it out to you at no cost. just pm me on the weekend bro.

Awesome response about the switch. I've PM'd for more info so hit me back asap!

Does anyone here (besides Arctic... lol :-) ) have a solution for the dashboard issue? If you've worked with this issue then please hook me up. Thanks again people!

Dasd

Kleen
    gorilla glue^^)