The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Money Pit!

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536
Showing results 701 to 710 of 710
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticj View Post
    I notice the Evo 4-6 uses a similar lower arm to the 8G but I'm not sure on dimensions on those. Maybe I should ask the Mirage guys about them.
    What are you trying to do? Use different control arms?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64T (Samantha)
    '01 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (Daily)
    '02 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '00 Mitsubishi Galant ES 4g64 (SCRAPPED)
    '91 Volvo 740 Turbo B230FT (SOLD)
    '88 Mitsubishi Mighty Max (SOLD)
    '91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    What are you trying to do? Use different control arms?

That's the plan if the Evo 4-6 aluminum arms bolt on with minimal work.
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

That's the plan if the Evo 4-6 aluminum arms bolt on with minimal work.
    What is the main purpose for wanting different control arms?

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    What is the main purpose for wanting different control arms?

reduce unstrung weight
    94 Galant GS: 4G67 head, 1G IM, Evo 8 TB, DeltaCam 272/264 Cams, Test Pipe, OE Avenger V6 60mm catback w/muffler, modified Outlander header, DIY COP setup, B/S delete, 315cc injectors, AEM UEGO WBO2, Black case 3G ECU

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

reduce unstrung weight
    And what do u benefit from that?

'91 Kawasaki ZX7 (SOLD)
    '95 Kawasaki ZX9R

Better suspension performance, like a marathon runner wouldnt wear heavy snow boots and socks. It would put too much wear and tear on their knees, muscles, tendens and exhuast themselves. Thats why they wear light weight shoes, thats the gist of it.

Quote Originally Posted by xd_01 View Post
    There pretty close geometrically, the rear bushing and bolt are vertical as opposed to the 8g rear bushing and the front bushing and bolt face the same way although i never measured to see if they were the same size. The ball joint slips on to the 8 g knuckle fine and the biggest difference is the weight. The evo lca weighs significantly less the the 8g lca. Is it a direct swap? No, you would need the tubular subframe.
    It has to be close geometrically, when Evo LCA are bolted on mirage/lancer the wheel is move forward but on your 8G it does not have the same effect. The Evo 5 to 9 have about the same wheel track; the Evo 5 LCA is pretty much looks like the 8G LCA, the Evo 6 LCA changes to a two piece design with the ball joint in the knuckle. I heard Evo X front LCA will widen the track by nearly two inches.

1994 GS FYI
    DSM/CSM Manuals

Yea its tru but youll have to make rod extensions for the tie rods. You can always see if the evox tie rod fits the new application but again you run into the issue of the rear mount of the lca being turned 180 degrees from the 8g orientation.

It would have to be extremely modified, and come to think of it i think they ARE different in size front to back. I say that because the bolt that goes through the rear lca on my subframe goes straight through and bolts into the unibody. Same bolt hole that old subframe attaches to. Its not a nut and bolt on its own like the 8g, so they would have to be a difference in dimensions maybe not so much the geometry.

If you thumb back to those photos youll be able to see what im talking about.

I apologize but I made a mistake, it does not bolt straight through to the uni-body. Its a nut and bolt so its probably alot closer in demensions then I thought. I believe on the evo it bolts straight through to the chassis, thats probably what I wss thinking of.

Synlora
    I always found the Raider as the most useful model as it can take me to the city as well as to any hard surface out of it. The extended cab model also has a bed included and recently it's proven a great benefit as I have more and more time to spend with my wife travelling, and we like sleeping in the outbacks. Let apart that Raider is a 5 seater, so we also take family or friends with us, and we never had the slightest issue with getting stuck even in the wetter conditions out in the mountains. All of these great moments would not be possible without finding randomly best side hustles and started renting my car as a full time job. I rent my Corolla on a regular basis having learned that from scratch myself with the help of these folks. That has given me the chance of using more and more my Raider for things I love doing and if you want to do the same this one is a must-see to say the least.
    Last edited by Synlora; 12-20-2020 at 01:30 PM

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 263233343536