Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Very nice.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

BUMP! I'm am curious if anything has been done to the g lately?

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    stay tuned....
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Lol

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

sometimes i wish i lived in NY you guys are doing awesome things out there.
    Brandon - 2001 Galant GST 5speed
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

Sorry ive been slacking on the updates but i ran into a problem 4 weeks back with the Quaife diff.

Long story...
    Basically the axle wasnt locking in which causes all the gear oil to leak out, its actually the 2nd time it happened with this diff and i had it sent out for repair way back in in 08' the first time.

Now 3 years later i go to fill the trans with gear oil and now the opposite side of the diff doesnt lock in,, F#$%&@#KKKK!!! the dumb
    mutha- efers at "Autotech" the company that imported and did warranty work for Quaife UK screwed up and now 3 years later they no longer deal with Quaife UK and put out their own diff, "Wavetrac". So now im stuck with this diff and i have to track down who does the warranty work, which i did, but it all consumes soo much time and money (aka the money pit lol) now i have to pay some one AGAIN to open up the trans un-install the diff send it out and yadda, yadda, yadda, you get the picture lol. I mean it took me about the weeks to fix a power steering leak because i live 5 hours away from the damn car is, not to metion what its cost in fuel commuting all these years.

The funny part is even though Autotech screwed up the repair on the Quaife i went ahead bought a Wavetrac the same week (mo-money) to avoid losing anymore time. Ohwell the Wavetrac is in, axles lock and tranny is back in. Now all thats left is polishing up the tune, motor, and clutch break-in which i plan to start this weekend.

i got a short video clip of the car running the day i dropped the trans out. ill upload to tonight.
    Last edited by xd_01; 09-20-2011 at 06:42 PM

short video, not that exciting but here it is anyhow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5SJy0uAWwo

Nice!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Lazy mans bumper

yes its a hinge clip

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    LOL. Like I said last time. The first chance your not looking, im taking that bumper.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member XxGiRLaNT06xX's Avatar
    LOL! Nice vid!

2011 Ibis White Audi S4
    *When you turn your car on ... does it return the favor?*
    Quote Originally Posted by galantlvr34 View Post
    The thread got big fast because Ally is the bomb lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    LOL. Like I said last time. The first chance your not looking, im taking that bumper.
    thats ok ill just take a ride to Crazy Rays pick & pull get another one for 20 bucks LOL!

Thanks Ally

sweet video
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

love the stock radio... i just got rid of mine about a month ago. i got tired of making cd's lol
    Wiseco // Eagle // PTE // Holset // Turbonetics // Supertech // Blox // Prosport // Vibrant // Innovate // OpenEcu // Mishimoto // Magnaflow // Walbro // XXR // Rotora // Brembo // Hawk // R1 Concepts // Dc Sports

So here's a lil update, i was having an issue with the motor stalling while pressing in the
    clutch to get in and out of gear and i thought i had it figured out when i installed a check valve on the brake booster vacuum port thinking i had a vacuum leak but it only hid the real problem. Well i only put a total of 40 miles on the motor and the stalling was still there but not as frequent, was really weird actully.

so eventually the worst that could happen did, the motor locked up! the pan was pulled and the bottom end inspected, turns out the machinist forgot to install a thrust washer so the crank was against the main girdle creating all that extra load which was causing the stalling when the clutch fork would put pressure on the rotating assembly. two tuners i was dealing with suspected the thrust washer,, but missing ,,, damn!

its really fustrating and disappointing when a machinist you trust does something like this but im working on getting the issue resolved. the motor is out and partialy disassembled at this point, new crank is here thanks to Stewi going way out of his way to pick up a spare motor from my parents driveway and take it back to his in-laws to pull the crank out and mail to me lol ,,, Thanks again Bro!

the motor is brand new so the pistons and rods should still be good and the same for the valvetrain and judging by how much metal shavings came out the motor is most likely salvagable just needs a good cleaning, same for the turbo.

so hopefully it will be back and running just in time for the new HPDE season in Feb.
    Last edited by xd_01; 11-20-2011 at 12:20 PM

ouch...... get it fixed! :)

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Oh, such a headache to deal with, glad the problem got solved and the repair wasn't on you to pay for!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

damn that sucks, like greg said im glad it the repair cost isnt coming out of your pocket. good luck im anxious to see you back up and running.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Sad to hear, hope its up and running soon, good luck

4g64T 5spd

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast