The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A REAL solution for dashboard issues - is there one?

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Icon5 A REAL solution for dashboard issues - is there one?

Yeah, yeah. This is a subject that has been discussed before and there are other threads about dash repair issues. The problem is all I've seen are complaints with no real solutions. One person suggested replacing the entire dashboard and sure, I could try to replace the entire dash IF I had:

1) A high tolerance for frustration
    2) People who could help me install the thing
    3) a wad of cash lying around (to pay for related issues) and...
    4) masochistic tendencies - ties back to item 1

Since these do not apply at the present, I'd like to know if anyone at the center has a good looking, realistic and affordable solution to the 'defroster vent curl' and air bag cover bulge' issue? If you do then hook me up! Others would appreciate it as well...

Thanks!

Not that I have this problem, but I just did a relatively quick (ten minute) search, and a lot of people have this problem. Unfortunately for you, all the quality solutions require that dash to come up outta there, slim. It's one of those problems that can only be properly fixed with effort and/or $$. I came across this website, they say if your application isn't listed (it ain't) then contact them and see what they can do. Keep in mind the age of our cars and the demographic, and know that it may require more effort than what you are willing to put in to keep the G pristine in its old age.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Not that I have this problem, but I just did a relatively quick (ten minute) search, and a lot of people have this problem. Unfortunately for you, all the quality solutions require that dash to come up outta there, slim. It's one of those problems that can only be properly fixed with effort and/or $$. I came across this website, they say if your application isn't listed (it ain't) then contact them and see what they can do. Keep in mind the age of our cars and the demographic, and know that it may require more effort than what you are willing to put in to keep the G pristine in its old age.
    Hey Wet!

I did not see a URL in your post, so if you could repost it or send to me via PM I'd appreciate it. Thanks for the info as I am willing to look into any legitimate option and one thing is for sure...

It's definitely cheaper than buying a new car.

Hit me back and Thanks!

TGC Regular
    If you don't mind working a bit then you can wrap it like I did. Just need 3M Fabric Spray Glue, heating gun or soldering iron, and fabric. Project took me 5-6 hours labor time and 30$. One of my best and favorite mod on my car that I will never get tired of because I know it would never crack lols

2002 ES i4 SOHC Mitsubishi Galant

Yo Wet!

I contacted the dash place. They could possibly do the job but it would involve removing the entire dash, stripping off all vinyl/ foam and then making a custom vacuum mold for a new dash. The whole process costs in the range of $1500.00 US, so it's good to know there is a solution for people with the $$$.

Thanks for the info anyway because it could help others out!

AD! That is just what I'm looking for and I want the details on how you did this. I have to ask, are you a pro at doing this because it looks too good to be done by a first timer??

Hit me back here or PM me with the info cause I'll need the details to get this done right. It would be great to see some before pics to see what you had to work with...

Hit me up.

Eeeesh, $1500? Sorry dawg, I ain't know it was that much. ADExternal's way looks bangin anyhow, so go that route if at all possible.

Glad I could help some though.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

No need for sorry Dude! It was worth a shot and because of you there is some info for the dude/ dudette who wants to trick it out with a custom job...

As for AD's suggestion, yeah it's bangin' and a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. Only issue is that he worked on a 8G and I have to resolve the airbag cover prob. It's bulging out at the top seam as if it partially deployed. I've tried to push it back into place but it won't move. That's the first step and I'm checking with Mits on this for suggestions...

Thanks for the input - I appreciate it!