The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: i even searched..

Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Icon9 i even searched..

ok i only searched a little bit. sorry but my transmission went out in my 00 g. and the girl that lives across from my gparents rolled her 3rd gen eclipse. but i'm sure it's A/T. which is fine i'm not lookin to manual swap. but i was thinkin since we can hook up the m/t from them if we could hook up the a/t as well. i didn't think i would really come up with anything anyway. didn't think any1 would do this. but i don't know if it has the slap shift like some do. but would the standard a/t from the 3rd gen eclipse bolt up with minor mods? or at all?

Thanks in advance!
    Brett
    2000 G-lant ES

its the same exact trans it will bolt right up with no modification at all
    only thing im not sure is the sportronic setup

alright. i don't think this girl had the sporttronic. but ya never know.. she could be packin heat for all i know. lol but thanks for the answer finald8ta. by the way... is there any other parts i should grab that bolt up that are built better than ours or anything? thats if he sells me the trans from them.
    2000 G-lant ES

not that i kno of, replace things that need to be replaced if they need it is all i have to say
    make sure u get some sort of warrenty on the trans and do a tranny service on it, filter and fluids...

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    as long as hers' is also a 4 cyl, it should bolt up. Depending on the year, one of the wire harnesses might be slightly different or something. I think you can just to it off though, and I believe it's for the speed sensor? I can't remember.

forgot about the speed sensor, cant he just replace the speed sensor from his old tranny if he were to get an 02+ tranny

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by finald8ta View Post
    forgot about the speed sensor, cant he just replace the speed sensor from his old tranny if he were to get an 02+ tranny
    I think that should work too. I thought they were the same, just one has a harness conversion. Anyway, don't dump your old transmission until you're done swapping in the new one anyway.

If I remember a conversation another member had on here, it was the 99-00 that had a different transmission from the 01-03 Galant. Even if you look up the compatibility, they come up different. I have an eclipse transmission in my Galant. Mine is an 03 G and the eclipse was also an 03. Mine is 4 cylinder, there there were no mods at all. Direct plug and play. I changed the rear main seal, when I did mine.

Another interesting thing to swap from the eclipse would be the alternator, if it's a 95W one. Slightly higher output than our 80W one (if I remember right). But again, I think the 95W came in the 04-05 eclipse and not the earlier ones. The steering and seats are worth swapping if you like a black steering and higher seats.