Thread: HELP! QUICK!--->HID kit fogs/lows

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 27

HELP! QUICK!--->HID kit fogs/lows

I want this . . .

CLICK HERE!

H1's for the fog lights

9006's for the lows or DRL's

but would i need "HID HARNESS" or "ADAPTOR CABLES"?

thnx!

If you don't feel like cutting wires you do.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

for my fogs i had to run a relay kit so they would turn on without the flickering
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Yea i had to use a relay also for my fogs. I have led bulbs in those
    9th Generation Mitsubishi G
    TGC Texas Chapter

Friends don't let friends drive stock. Ever

It depends on how you're going to hook up the fogs. Either you wanna hook them up to a toggle switch so you can turn them on at your discretion or you can set them to come on once you turn your parking lights on.

With the headlights, no, it is plug and play. All you have to do is find a place to mount the ballast.

Effort and courage are not enough, without purpose and direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Its Reu View Post
    for my fogs i had to run a relay kit so they would turn on without the flickering
    Quote Originally Posted by SirSaula View Post
    Yea i had to use a relay also for my fogs. I have led bulbs in those
    I wanna go HID for the fogs . . . but "relay kit"?
    srry about the N00B-ness . . . please explain/link . . . something ? =)

Quote Originally Posted by tr1kst4nce View Post
    It depends on how you're going to hook up the fogs. Either you wanna hook them up to a toggle switch so you can turn them on at your discretion or you can set them to come on once you turn your parking lights on.

With the headlights, no, it is plug and play. All you have to do is find a place to mount the ballast.
    I have the OEM pushbuttn switch that came standart for the fogs so i was hoping i'd be plug and play too.
    For the moment Its gona be "on when parking lights are on." if it works like that. .. . right?
    I do have the FCM1 (foglight control MODULE) that a member here i think it was a "BrianJ" made for some of us. I attempted to install it but between time and knoledge its just gathering dust somewhere in orlando. But im looking forward to find someone here that has it and got it to work and be able to take me step by step through it. =)

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    what year is your galant and you have factory fogs/switch right?

Quote Originally Posted by 9G View Post
    what year is your galant and you have factory fogs/switch right?
    correct.

2005 Gts V6
    Factory original Fog light system w switch and ev.

then i think you should be ok with the plug and play kit. as long as its the 35w. also i used a 9006 bulb for my fogs and did some modification to fit but it fits. i dont remember why i went with a 9006 than the stock h1s maybe since i already had a 9006 bulb laying around and made it fit in the stock fog lights. maybe others can confirm which bulb they use.

also is this what you want to happen?

"For the moment Its gona be "on when parking lights are on." if it works like that. .. . right?"

if so then you'll need the relay kit and wire the relay part to the parking lights and not the fogs. this way you cant turn off the fogs unless you turn the parking lights off.

btw, have you done the day time running light mod that krazieinluv made a tutorial on? if not then i suggest on doing it to save your low beam hids.

So you're wanting to put HID lights in the stock foglight housings? If that's the case you're going to have a problem after awhile. If I recall the lense as well as the housing is plastic. More than likely the heat from the HID's will pretty much roast the housing.

^^ not true. hid generate less heat then halogens
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Quote Originally Posted by Its Reu View Post
    ^^ not true. hid generate less heat then halogens
    Not when most foglights use that tiny little H3 bulb. If you put HID's in the OEM housings, after awhile that reflective paint they put inside will be gone. So what do you do then? Crack 'em open and repaint? Buy a new set? Up to you. That's why I did a projector retrofit.

you'll be alright. i've had mine since 05/06 i think. only my lens is getting beat up from all the rock chips and road grimes.

Quote Originally Posted by tr1kst4nce View Post
    Not when most foglights use that tiny little H3 bulb. If you put HID's in the OEM housings, after awhile that reflective paint they put inside will be gone. So what do you do then? Crack 'em open and repaint? Buy a new set? Up to you. That's why I did a projector retrofit.
    Got pics? Would love to see, I want to do that as well for the fogs.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

then i think you should be ok with the plug and play kit. as long as its the 35w. also i used a 9006 bulb for my fogs and did some modification to fit but it fits. i dont remember why i went with a 9006 than the stock h1s maybe since i already had a 9006 bulb laying around and made it fit in the stock fog lights. maybe others can confirm which bulb they use.

also is this what you want to happen?

"For the moment Its gona be "on when parking lights are on." if it works like that. .. . right?"

if so then you'll need the relay kit and wire the relay part to the parking lights and not the fogs. this way you cant turn off the fogs unless you turn the parking lights off.
    btw, have you done the day time running light mod that krazieinluv made a tutorial on? if not then i suggest on doing it to save your low beam hids.

I have done the "Disable DRL's" already and its great.
    And on our vehicles u can't turn on the fogs until you turn on the heads with the original equipment/no modifications. And yes, im considering 35W kits.

ATM Im not really concerned much the housing. Ive seen quite a few G's with the OEM fog housings and HIDs. However, just to feed the pupil, I'd like to see that mod/fit of yours tr1kst4nce

cool

9g has had hid's in since the old club 9g forums and I've had mine in shortly after that. Once i saw him post that the 9006 bulbs can fit in the housing i used an extra kid I had and installed on mine. This is 5 years ago I've had no problems with them and im sure 9g hasn't either.

but if you want to spend the extra money retro fit projectors in there i guess...
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

I dont care much for much modding/fitting stuff that don't belong (no offense), but if in essence u guys are saying that its "safer" to go w 9006's on the fog lights instead of the H1's and they fit right in, then perfect.

But, logic says that where an H1 goes a 9006 doesn't. And even if it does does the electrical operation works the same? if not then how does one go about doing that?
    relay? harness?

yeah, just do the h1s. i just used the 9006 since i had it already and to my surprise, it fit with some little cutting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast