The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Summer Tires!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 37 of 37
    redgalant how do you feel about nitto neo gen?

I think there is better for the money. The neon line has been around for a while now, and is either due for redesign or replacement. That said, if you are intending to save a little money, I'd recommend the Hankook Ventus EVO's. There won't be much that performs as well, or lasts as long. If you spend a little more, than as before the Continental ExtremeDW is the cat's meow.

Experienced TGC Member 6G72gearhead's Avatar
    Getting an excessive acceleration ticket.

If you are looking for more stick then tire life, Hankook RS-2's are a pretty good buy. If tire life is more important, I'd look at the Kumho MX's if you can still find them, not quite as aggressive or new as the MX's and they have a higher treadwear rating. I'd skip any of the high wear summer tires, I have seen nothing but disappointment from them.
    RIP: Colin McRae, you will be missed.
    "I shall go before thee and make the crooked places straight."

2001 ES V6 M/T under construction
    1991 Volvo 244ti 300 whp daily driver
    www.gooichimotorsports.com

star specs

1996 galant s
    finishing up my 2.4L DOHC, 10.5:1, precision sc60, meth injected MONSTER.

yea i was reading about the hankooks and i dont think they are going to last long enough for me, especially with my rear camber.

are the Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105 any good? they have a 50,000 mile warranty.

i dont know what a star spec is..

yea.. think i got it down to
    Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum or Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105?
    Last edited by dknight3; 05-09-2011 at 01:29 PM

How is this waranty thing? If I drive like I do and they won't last the year, do I just get new tires or what?

I like the following tires for my car, and I run plenty of camber all around:
    Toyo T1-Rs, good grip, lasted a long time, quiet, did well in water, and we all know it rains in the NW
    Dunlop Star Specs- fantastic grip, short life, loud as balls on the freeway, not very good in any sort of standing water
    Falken FK452- comparable grip to the T1Rs, although I have them in a wider size so I don't know if that might skew it some, quiet on the freeway, wearing very well with my -2.0 rear camber, excellent in the wet.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Quote Originally Posted by dknight3 View Post
    yea i was reading about the hankooks and i dont think they are going to last long enough for me, especially with my rear camber.

are the Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105 any good? they have a 50,000 mile warranty.

i dont know what a star spec is..

yea.. think i got it down to
    Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum or Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105?
    Both those options are all seasons. And from what you are saying you want a longer lasting tire. There is no summer only tire that carries a mileage warranty. So, if you are trying to get something that will have good traction and good mileage, then you need something like these; Continental Extreme Contact DWS or Goodyear Eagle F1 All Season. Both carry a 50k warranty, and will have better ride, traction and treadlife when compared to the Hankook or Kumho.

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    My new favorite tire is the continental extreme dws. its great in dry, wet, and some snow. last long too.

fuck it ima get the hankook v12's.. lol

Good Choice, and one I've considered myself!

what do you guys think about falkens? im also looking for a set the same size as the op and i saw you can get them online for like 90 a tire. Educate me lol
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

What type of Falkens? Most of them offer pretty good grip, like the 452s, but fairly low tread life.

I know the Ziex 512s were recently discontinued, and the current Ziex 912s are hit or miss with folks.

Might be looking at the Ziex 502s as well, decent grip and tread life. Just not good in the cold or snow.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

hankook v12 are best bang for your buck. Continental extreme dw are good choices also. Even the Michelin Super sports should be great, and theyre cheaper than the discontinued PS2's.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

falkens are overrated IMO. One of my friends tracked them and they just blew on the turns.
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein

I was looking at the Falken ZE502 which goes for like 89 bucks on discounted wheel. I also see some other brands I've never heard of like Achilles and Sumitomo, anyone have any experience with them? I'm not tracking my car or anything but i need smaller tires so i can fix my camber
    04 GTS 9G

FoR Sale:
    2004-2006 Fog Lights $50
    shoot me a pm

Sumitumo blows. Had a set of HTRs on my ROHs when I bought them secondhand, horrible. Especially in the rain.

-Chris-

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L SOHC: "Octavia"
    2005 Honda Accord EX-L Coupe 2.4L DOHC

Quote Originally Posted by XxGiRLaNT06xX View Post
    From the looks of the girl, her face isnt that great.. nothing a paper bag couldnt fix... amirite?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12