The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: beam514's new 2HP Daily Driver / Post your Bicycle thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 29
    You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar

beam514's new 2HP Daily Driver / Post your Bicycle thread

I think I can produce about 2 HP briefly since I would consider myself a "trained athlete". Thanks Wikipedia LOL

anyway on to business. I used to ride around campus on a bmx bike which I absolutely love. I really only knew how to ride bmx bikes since that's what I grew up on. Never really did any tricks though.

This is my original bmx bike that got stolen on campus. This bike had a deep place in my heart, as I had it ever since the 5th grade and it was my first ever "decent" bike.

My new bmx bike I replaced it with:

It's a 2007 or 2008 or 2009 Haro. Not sure of the model or exact year because I bought it used. I absolutely love this thing though. Heavy as hell, but it gets lots of compliments for its stock paint job. I'm thinking about selling it, though it has also found a very deep place in my heart. I consider it my baby #2 (after my Galant).

Well, it was finally time to grow up, as I'll be living a couple miles off campus next year. My Galant is saved for the weekends, so I wanted a road bike to commute to school. Thus started my infatuation with vintage road bikes.

I found a bike on craigslist and fell in love. I did some research, and for the model, age, and condition, I really overpayed for this bike. But you know what? I don't really care because I spent hours and hours searching for the right bike with no luck. I decided to just go with my heart on this one since I liked it so much.

And so here it is: My 1977 Schwinn Le Tour III, mostly original from what I can tell. It's 10 speed and has a steel frame.

I had to get a bike that was made in Japan :)

Made on the 344th day of 1977

Anyway, I know there's some bikers on here! Whether it be bmx, mountain, road, or unicycles, post em up! Or any pictures of you riding said bikes/doing sick jumps haha

My first mode of transport that I loved was an Eastern Big Street BMX bike

I got it in 4th grade and still have it today. It is naked brushed titanium frame, the bike is heavy as fuck the retail of it when I got it was $650. We've done jumps and many bumps and crashes together.

I had a Haro backtrail back in the day. After it got stolen I went the cheaper route..Skateboarding!

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepsascend View Post
    I had a Haro backtrail back in the day. After it got stolen I went the cheaper route..Skateboarding!
    haha yeah I used to skate back in the day. Too many bruised shins though.. and it's not allowed on campus. Plus my campus is pretty hilly so it would just be a pain in the ass lol

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    you forgot to put *OFFICIAL POST YOUR . . . . . * in your title lol

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

I need to dig out my emergency bike. (Gas hitting 5 bucks will qualify for emergency.) Oldskool JDM as well, Fuji Dynamic 10 with a 1976 license plate. It was free, and what's funny to me how much better quality this bike is compared to today's mass products.
    That's not counting my mountainbike back home that I miss to death. Dang I don't even have a picture of that.
    Last edited by gtx; 05-08-2011 at 11:46 PM

Hell yeah these are things are built far better. It's unfortunate that a company like Schwinn, which used to make great bikes, is now a mass-producing, made-in-china company that sacrifices quality for profit.

i will pick up a bike soon, mainly for excercise, and gas here for 91 octane(which is premuim) is only 3.65 when i filled up today.

Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    i will pick up a bike soon, mainly for excercise, and gas here for 91 octane(which is premuim) is only 3.65 when i filled up today.
    how much shipped to ny?

I have a GT Performer that I ride around with from time to time and I have a Dyno Air.
    Dyno/GT Bikes FTW!! lol

Drive, Dream, Drift.
    Drift ALL DAY

yeah that yellow bike I posted was a GT. Not too heavy. Took it off dirt ramps, crashed into things, ran away from dogs.. man my childhood is in that bike. And some bastard had to steal it after I put new stuff on it too.. man I hate people sometimes lol

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    Hell yeah these are things are built far better. It's unfortunate that a company like Schwinn, which used to make great bikes, is now a mass-producing, made-in-china company that sacrifices quality for profit.
    At least where I grew up Schwinn used to build their bikes teamed up with one of the most prestigious local companies, but that was a decade ago. You know times are bad when German Steel is made in China.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrg7243 View Post
    gas here for 91 octane(which is premuim) is only 3.65 when i filled up today.
    I'll take a shipment of that gas too.

you gys dont want this gas its terrible quality if i go to the shell its about 3.75 ish for 91

Experienced TGC Member o1naturalhigh's Avatar
    i use a regular beach cruiser, but i have an old schwinn trike stored away in the shed.

i use to skate back in the day too, so i have one around. katelyn is trying to learn how to ollie on it. but in the trunk of the galant, i keep a longboard skateboard. it's not really mine, but a friends. he doesn't use it, so i just hold on to it for him. but he borrows it from me whenever he needs. lol

I just got some new carbon wheels for my tri bike. She's race ready!!!
    Last edited by ASTIG; 05-12-2011 at 10:30 PM

GREEN is the new BLACK

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    hard core

damn Astig, how much does that weigh? The aerodynamics probably benefit you more than the weight.. holy crap lol

side note: front tire is flat :( time to order a tube from Amazon cause I know the local shops are going to charge me like $15 for one lol

Quote Originally Posted by ASTIG View Post
    I just got some new carbon wheels for my tri bike. She's race ready!!!

Nice looking bikes Beam, I like the Haro.

My first decent bike was - 2000 Diamondback Assault EX
    2nd bmx bike was a - 1998 Powerlite P-19 Falcon
    Last edited by Joshua42007; 05-13-2011 at 09:33 AM

Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    damn Astig, how much does that weigh? The aerodynamics probably benefit you more than the weight.. holy crap lol

side note: front tire is flat :( time to order a tube from Amazon cause I know the local shops are going to charge me like $15 for one lol
    it's around 18-19 lbs. You're correct, aero trumps weight!!! Besides, it's easier for me to drop weight than the bike. And when you add in hydration setup and spare tube/tools the weight goes back up. This thing just slices through the air and it's easy to cruise at 25+ mph on the flats.

GREEN is the new BLACK

me and my lady's bikes and gear on the wall rack:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast