The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: BHM V6 A/T to M/T Conversion Harness

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 31
    Experienced TGC Member

BHM V6 A/T to M/T Conversion Harness

Now that our move is over and I have myself settled into the working space/man cave, I have finally finished our first conversion harness. This harness will work for the 8th Gen V6 models who are M/T swapped and want to avoid the CEL issues (common on the 01-03 Models mainly). You can simply remove the stock Galant ECU and replace it with a M/T ECU from a 3rd Gen Eclipse.

Simply plug and play, no extra wiring involved for the end user and very much like the Boomslang product out there. Boomslang does offer a 1yr warranty on their product, with the additional cost and claims of using superior quality "TXL" wire (if you are curious, it is nothing special, just OEM standard insulation thickness which most high quality wire now days meets/exceeds). I can make these harnesses much cheaper than Boomslang is selling theirs for, without sacraficing quality of components or work performed. Each pin is brand new, all new high quality copper core wire (military grade wire is not reasonable for an intermediate harness), all connections are soldered, not just crimped and plugged in, and I test each pin/wire individually with a multi-meter to ensure continuity and no shorting to other pins/connectors within the harness.

The harness pictured below is our first prototype made and had some changes made along the way to ensure quality and reliability, afterall I am sticking my name on this stuff and don't want it to bite me in the ass. We will have this harness sent out this week for it's initial install and testing and go from there.

Harnesses that I can/will be making:
    8th Gen Galant 4Cyl Evo Conversion Harness
    8th Gen Galant V6 M/T Conversion Harness (pictured above)
    3rd Gen Eclipse 4Cyl Evo Conversion Harness

Once I have some of these made I will be putting them up for sale in the classified section here for those who are interested.
    Last edited by SPD_FRK; 05-09-2011 at 07:22 PM

3G Eclipse Performance & Development - Denver, Colorado
    www.blackheartmotors.net

You are here entirely tooo much!! fatal1's Avatar
    very interested keep us updated

That's awesome Matt.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Nice job bro. Looks sexy

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

yes i got the prototype time to get my flash on ;0) thankx Matt

Experienced TGC Member johnygezony's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Nice job bro. Looks sexy
    Yes

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    I wish this was available 4 years ago. This would of saved me 2 days with of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

Experienced TGC Member
    Matt PM me with price for evo conversion harness. Very interested as I have to pass emissions this year lol. Looking to pick it up in about 4-6 weeks. Think I coukd get one by then?

EVO 4G
    03 ES 5spd--Rota torque gloss black 17x8 et. 35--Hankook Ventus V12 evo 235/45/17--D2 coilovers--DC Sports STB--Intake--Brembo calipers--Powerslot Rotors--Stoptech Pads--SS brakes lines--35% tint--5k heads & 5k fogs--Alpine headunit--Kicker 400w amp--Alphasonix sub

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    yes i got the prototype time to get my flash on ;0) thankx Matt
    Everything should be really easy for you now man.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewi View Post
    I wish this was available 4 years ago. This would of saved me 2 days with of work.
    Did you go with a Boomslang and have issues with it, or did you do a full harness?

I know Boomslang does some good work and covers a wide variety of platforms, can't really knock down their reputation or work but I am aware they have had some common issues with their harnesses in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteGalant View Post
    Matt PM me with price for evo conversion harness. Very interested as I have to pass emissions this year lol. Looking to pick it up in about 4-6 weeks. Think I coukd get one by then?

EVO 4G
    PM Sent. It is possible to have one done for you within that time range. I have one Dual ECU setup I will be starting for a local 3rd Gen owner out here in the next week, then I could certainly get started on yours and have it out to you fairly quick.

www.blackheartmotors.net

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    Good looking product! and I'm glad you know how to take proper product images lol

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by beam514 View Post
    Good looking product! and I'm glad you know how to take proper product images lol
    Thanks Adrian!

I didn't buy an expensive camera for nothing LOL. I don't have the "photo booth" completely setup yet, but I wanted to make sure the product was represented well.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Great job! Truly a awesome product to have!

You are here entirely tooo much!! Stewi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Did you go with a Boomslang and have issues with it, or did you do a full harness?

I know Boomslang does some good work and covers a wide variety of platforms, can't really knock down their reputation or work but I am aware they have had some common issues with their harnesses in the past.
    I cut the ECU connectors off a stock EVO harness and then bought another stock 8g harness and soldered the EVO connectors to my stock harness in the proper pinout, then I removed the old harness from my car and swapped in the new one. Back in late 03' when I first swapped to 5 speed on my old 8g, I installed a 3g manual ECU, and I used 3g ECU connector plugs and soldered them to the harness that was in the car, what a PITA, I cant even count how many times I burnt myself with the soldering iron laying upside down under the dash soldering in a garage with no heat in the middle of February.
    Quote Originally Posted by qnz
    well there are talkers and there are do'ers. talkers never do. and do'ers never talk
    99' Galant ES
    4G64/63T
    AEM EMS

I don't think pita is the right word I'm sure u used a few other 4 letter words to best describe that job... Glad I don't have to go thru that crap.

I am very interested, hoping to get the 5-speed next Sunday.

Experienced TGC Member
    Thanks guys, I have slowly been getting our website setup so that you can order directly from there soon. I should have this dual ECU harness done possibly the end of this week or early next week (just waiting on shipment of items to come in). I will contact the staff here and get details worked out possibly for a small group buy if there is enough interest generated in the harnesses.

www.blackheartmotors.net

Experienced TGC Member
    Since this hasn't had any feedback yet (Dion lol) I will update things here.

We found that there are differences in the wiring from the 99-00 & 01-03 model years on the V6 platform. The harness that Dion received gave us some issues trying to fire up the engine, but we did some digging and found two terminals were flipped between the years. With that sorted out and now documented for production of these, the car fired right up. We are currently working out one issue with a MAF code (most likely a tune related issue). We have cross checked and triple checked all wiring schematics and found this code is not due to the harness as everything is wired correctly. Once we can establish the cause and resolution to the MAF code there will be a "preset" flash available for the Eclipse M/T ECU swap using the Big Maps patch in N/A form for people to download from our website.

I also have our second conversion harness being finished up here in the next day or two for another customer out here with a 3rd Gen Eclipse 4cyl A/T model. This conversion harness is being setup for the dual ECU setup (run his stock A/T ECU and the Evo VIII ECU). With some revisions made during the production of the V6 prototype harness implemented to this dual ECU harness, it will look much better and be another product offering.

I have spent some time working on our website the last couple of weeks trying to get things setup so people can start ordering harnesses. Turn around time on the harness orders depends largely on the time it takes to receive the components I need to make them should I need to order more pins and connectors if I do not have enough of them on hand. The two vendors I use are pretty quick with shipping, so to be on the safe side I would say 2 weeks maximum for a harness to be received after payment (could be received within one week if I have everything in house which I try to maintain enough pins and connectors for 2 harnesses to be made). Anyways, thanks for the support, and huge thanks to Dion and Isaurio for their help with the R&D of the first V6 harness (you may receive something in return here soon). Check out the website and let us know what you think...

www.blackheartmotors.net

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Genius!!!!! I'll be buying one when I can finally get the 5 speed lol. (when I buy the wife her Camry) lol haven't heard from you in a while Matt hope all is well.

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

Okay, so I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. Is this for the Evo engine swap or the M/T swap? Im looking at doing both to my 8G sometime in the future, and still researching parts and tuts? Just wondering if i will need this and what exactly it is for? Again, sorry that im stupid. I was born this way. lol
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Quote Originally Posted by 2002BlackDragon View Post
    Okay, so I'm not the brightest crayon in the box. Is this for the Evo engine swap or the M/T swap? Im looking at doing both to my 8G sometime in the future, and still researching parts and tuts? Just wondering if i will need this and what exactly it is for? Again, sorry that im stupid. I was born this way. lol
    Matt is making them for different platforms. V6 to eclipse ECU and 2.4l to evo ECU. Very solid product, i saw it and we tested. ++ for Matt.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast