The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 3.5 manifold

Showing results 1 to 18 of 18

3.5 manifold

well i just picked up the 3.5 manifold and tb and i trying to find out how to install it with out throwing the cel??????

and is there anything else i need to complete this swap?

You're going to need the EGR tube from the 74 or you can try and bend the one you have to fit because if that's blocked off the cel will come on. If you leave it unblocked you'll still throw a code and your car will sound horrible. You may need the TPS from the 74 too because my TB didn't come with one. Also some new vacuum hose and make sure it's routed correctly to prevent a cel. Oh, and some minor electrical skills to rewire.

I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stepsascend View Post
    You're going to need the EGR tube from the 74 or you can try and bend the one you have to fit because if that's blocked off the cel will come on. If you leave it unblocked you'll still throw a code and your car will sound horrible. You may need the TPS from the 74 too because my TB didn't come with one. Also some new vacuum hose and make sure it's routed correctly to prevent a cel. Oh, and some minor electrical skills to rewire.

well it had all the sensors still on it!! and i should gain some hp from that swap right?

Yeah but nothing really noticeable.

Interesting, I've never had the tube hooked up and I've never thrown a code for EGR. Just a breather filter on that port.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

are there any how to's??

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Interesting, I've never had the tube hooked up and I've never thrown a code for EGR. Just a breather filter on that port.
    Really? I thought it always happened when you blocked the tube off. I routed the hoses correctly, then put the new tps on and still had the cel so I thought it had to be because they were blocked off. I never used the breather filter though I just blocked it off so that has to be why I had the cel?
    Last edited by Stepsascend; 05-13-2011 at 10:00 PM

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    I don't have the tube either i threaded the flange and screwed a barbed fitting in there and slapped a nice filter on there all's good.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    I have my egr issue still

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed

well i have the manifold and tb bolted on but the sensor under tb is not fitting and the senor on the side of the tb has 4 pins and my pigtail has 4. somebody help me out

You are here entirely tooo much!! beam514's Avatar
    need the pigtails from the 6G74 throttle body

the throttle position sensor doesn't matter as long as it's plugged in. The IAC, which is 6 pins, is the one that needs to be modified. If you want to use the 6g74 TB, you need the Diamante's IAC pigtail. If you don't have it, you can re-use the 6g72 TB until you find the correct pigtail.

sounds good! thanxs

manifold swap complete!!! thanks for the info!!

congrats!

i used my 3.0 tb.i was told that the 3.5 tb really dosent make a different cuz its only 2mm bigger

You are here entirely tooo much!! Corey2kG's Avatar
    Why is everyone doing the swap with no issue fml lol

FreakyDeaky

Quote Originally Posted by sponcar View Post
    Always remember "do you, not them" cuz thats what make you different than others :)
    2kG 6g72/74 5 speed